Sidr Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlidworthBees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Must admit this one was new to me because I always try to buy British honey from local producers (apart from the odd foray into the health food shop for Manuka)

£31.99 for 500g !! On Ebay of course

And the claims about the extraordinary lengths the bees go to ......

Sidr honey has a distinctive taste, high nutrition value, and curative benefits Sidr honey comes from Sidr trees which grow extensively in Hadramot, in the Southern part of Yemen. Hadramot is considered to be the main source of the well-known and expensive honey. Honey experts have disputed about the distinctive taste and flavor of sidr honey. Some referred such taste to the nature of the soil in such area, others returned it to the nature of sidr trees, and some mentioned that such distinctive taste comes as a result of the fact that bees have to travel several miles (maybe hundreds in round trip) to extract the nectar from the sidr tree

HIGHLY POTENT - Yemeni's beekeepers who are strict in ensuring the honeys purity and potency will allow their bees to die rather than feed the bees with sugary syrup. Typically, bees of a certain hive make 37,000 trips just to make half a kilo of honey but bees fed solely on the nectar of the Sidr flower die after making about 3 trips! The weaker bees cannot withstand the potency of the nectar of this remarkable tree.

RAW & PURE - in Yemen, the method of beekeeping has always been a traditional one. No chemicals or drugs allowed (in modern agriculture, chemicals and antibiotics are widely used to control mites and other bee diseases in the hives). No machinery used. All are done using their hands, a little smoke (from dried camel skins) and knives. The honey is then poured, unheated and raw, into containers, thus preserving its vital live enzymatic constituents.

Smoke from dried camel skins? Smoke from the skin of dried camel poo seems a lot more likely, but I can't see that the original author of the claims would be given to exaggeration at all, can I ?

I guess that there are entrepreneurs and chancers everywhere, with not a lot to distinguish them.

:laughing-smiley-014 :nature-smiley-016:

There certainly seems to be a lot on the Internet about it. Is this what is known as the NZ effect I wonder? Not a lot of farm gate (Oasis gate) sales at these prices I guess in downtown Sanna.

Last edited:
Smoke from dried camel skins? Smoke from the skin of dried camel poo seems a lot more likely, but I can't see that the original author of the claims would be given to exaggeration at all, can I ?

I guess that there are entrepreneurs and chancers everywhere, with not a lot to distinguish them.

:laughing-smiley-014 :nature-smiley-016:

There certainly seems to be a lot on the Internet about it. Is this what is known as the NZ effect I wonder? Not a lot of farm gate (Oasis gate) sales at these prices I guess in downtown Sanna.

its honey from the Jujube tree flower ( red Date) , so if it has medicinal properties so therefore must a lot indian honey also have medicianla proerties as cultivars are common of the Jujube tree in India

perhaps we should sell our dark honey as "4" potency which is what it is normall is ,if you measure it against manuka honey...and sell it at £10 a lb

Last edited:
Be safe When you buy Yemeni Sidr Honey

First of all, I would like to say that I couldn't find any honey that is as good as the sidr honey from Yemen.. its taste, color, and thickness. I love everything about Yemeni sidr honey.

The only thing that I don't like about it, is that its collected in the traditional way which can make it not safe. I have seen many websites that sell yemeni sidr honey and claim that there honey is the best, but almost none of them test their honey to verify safety and quality. So far, the only company that tests their honey regularly is link removed by admin but their prices are slightly higher than average.

If I were trying to increase sales of honey in another country, I wouldn't bother trying to interest their beekeepers. At this time of year all the beekeepers on here havr had enough honey.

I ate more than my fair share of sidr honey when I lived in Yemen in the late 90s. Have to say that it was absolutely delicious. Indeed, it was better than any honey I have tried since (other than that produced by my own bees, of course!).

Must admit this one was new to me because I always try to buy British honey from local producers (apart from the odd foray into the health food shop for Manuka)

Sidr honey has a distinctive taste, high nutrition value, and curative benefits Sidr honey comes from Sidr trees which grow extensively in Hadramot, in the Southern part of Yemen. Hadramot is considered to be the main source of the well-known and expensive honey. Honey experts have disputed about the distinctive taste and flavor of sidr honey. Some referred such taste to the nature of the soil in such area, others returned it to the nature of sidr trees, and some mentioned that such distinctive taste comes as a result of the fact that bees have to travel several miles (maybe hundreds in round trip) to extract the nectar from the sidr tree

HIGHLY POTENT - Yemeni's beekeepers who are strict in ensuring the honeys purity and potency will allow their bees to die rather than feed the bees with sugary syrup. Typically, bees of a certain hive make 37,000 trips just to make half a kilo of honey but bees fed solely on the nectar of the Sidr flower die after making about 3 trips! The weaker bees cannot withstand the potency of the nectar of this remarkable tree.

RAW & PURE - in Yemen, the method of beekeeping has always been a traditional one. No chemicals or drugs allowed (in modern agriculture, chemicals and antibiotics are widely used to control mites and other bee diseases in the hives). No machinery used. All are done using their hands, a little smoke (from dried camel skins) and knives. The honey is then poured, unheated and raw, into containers, thus preserving its vital live enzymatic constituents.

Something to consider, don't know how true it is but MGO and Manuka honey

Be safe when you buy Yemeni Sidr Honey

First of all, I would like to say that I couldn't find any honey that is as good as the sidr honey from Yemen.. its taste, color, and thickness. I love everything about Yemeni sidr honey.

The only thing that I don't like about it, is that its collected in the traditional way which can make it not safe. I have seen many websites that sell yemeni sidr honey and claim that there honey is the best, but almost none of them test their honey to verify safety and quality. So far, the only company that tests their honey regularly is http://www.yemensidrhoney.com but their prices are slightly higher than average.

Looks like the spam trap has been triggered and is removing the links automatically ;)

If you would like to buy high-quality Yemen Sidr honey, I can sell to you at a very good price via eBay website. I am a Top-rated Seller on eBay and I specialize in selling Sidr honey originating from Yemen, which means that you would be buying directly from the source and not through middlemen.

I also offer for purchase a sample of the honey at a reduced price for the purpose of testing and to verify the quality of the honey before you commit to buying a larger quantity which might potentially show variations in taste and color of the Sidr. Most people think that Sidr honey is a single kind, whereas in fact there is a varied spectrum of honeys that take up that name, and they vary in nutritional value, and accordingly in price.

The honey I sell is one of the most famous in Yemen and is called Sidr Doany honey. You are welcome to buy a sample for testing or to simply read the positive reviews I received back from satisfied customers who purchasing large amounts of it. Some of them even went and tested the honey at specialized labs and the results were very positive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11057332919...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649#ht_1090wt_1344

As for the prices of honey I sell, I assure you, you will not find someone offering it for lower, and that's because I buy honey in large quantities directly from local bee-keepers at reduced prices and sell directly to my customers with marginal profit, hoping to gain as many customers as possible from all countries. I also offer reduced prices for orders exceeding 10 kilograms.

Finally, I will be glad to do business with you and be sure I will be very cooperative.

Thank you very much

I dont have the heart to remove the above post.

A picture of a local beekeeper from ismaillll,s Ebay ad:

Back