Should I combine?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do224

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I’ve got a colony that’s never really got going. It was a swarm that arrived in a bait hive in early July. I put it in a hive with all drawn comb and it covered 7 frames. It still covers 7 frames. They’re extremely dark bees.

I have a nuc I could combine with the hive if it’s not too late in the year to do so. Is this the best plan? I guess I would keep the queen from the nuc and squash the other

I’ve got a colony that’s never really got going. It was a swarm that arrived in a bait hive in early July. I put it in a hive with all drawn comb and it covered 7 frames. It still covers 7 frames. They’re extremely dark bees.

I have a nuc I could combine with the hive if it’s not too late in the year to do so. Is this the best plan? I guess I would keep the queen from the nuc and squash the other
I’d leave them alone; do what I can to get them through the Winter and let them surprise me in the Spring.

I’d leave them alone; do what I can to get them through the Winter and let them surprise me in the Spring.
if you think they are both viable to get through the winter then don't combine. you never know what spring will bring with queenless hives!

Latest posts

Back