sheet metal worker

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
National
is any one on the forum or may know someone that is a tin basher.
i want to make a wax melting box and require to containers one being 595 x 150 x 450mm and a larger tank around 600 square dont mind what from stainless if best but steel with do for what i want to play with, very much like chusmans drawing if you have ever seen that.
any offers

Oh dear,is it that bad in Brum that you have to ask ?
Not that long ago that metal was the bread basket for Birmingham.

That is not a problem for me full acces to metal bashers and all the 316 ss I can get.

But as Admin says, Brum is (or was) metal bashing capital and if you can not find one on your local trading esate we (the UK) has a problem!

I can get you a price is you want? or more to the point what will you pay????????

it was and still is but i find that more and more often firms are either willing to listen and helpfull or just look at you blankly and push you back out the door, i used to know a few engineering firms that would accomadate any request no matter how small or how strange for the price of the metal and a few minutes work it was worth to them a few drinks on friday, i would always get what i want eventualy just not as quick as full prie payers do, but over the last few years some have said sod it and retired and some wont do any more small jobs, i used to know two very retired gentleman one had a lathe in his garage able to turn 600mm by 2000mm it was massive and the other had a milling machine and a surface grinder between them they work machine any thing you could ever wanted, they were great but they only ever worked when they wanted to and as such your job was done when it was done, unfortunutly old age caught the pair up and the three os us spent sevral weeks in the cancer wards together talking shop before the gentleman passed away, the greatist shame was the family were unable to know what they were looking at and scraped every one of the machines off and all the tooling aswell so one is a little stuck for spanner monkeys and tin bashers

jim have you seen the page i was on about i want to have to boxs one full of water the other full of wax i can arrange for the heating elements to be fitted at work, as for a price yes please, see what it will cost before starting works, the finished sizes are to 595 wide 150 across and 500 deep for the inside tank and for the water tank it will be 600wide and only 450 across the top and still 600 deep, i have not got a clue how to build it or what it needs to be built but a price for a pair of water tanks please

Latest posts

Back