Settling tanks

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good kit at a reasonable price - I do like the Carl Fritz tanks though, I must admit. the beauty of the Giordan settling tanks is that the gate valves are just bog standard plastic valves screwed into the stainless receiver on the tank so no issues getting a replacement if one breaks

My first electric extractor was from Giordan. A bargain before all the other suppliers cottoned on to the fact that there was a market for small ones for the hobby keeper.

Some of the stuff I've seen seems astronomical price compared to these guys , wonder if theres any import issues now with Brexit

I have Giordano kit, cracking stuff

From the guy/agent in surrey I think, definitely between london and home as I used to call in on my way home.

There's quite a lot of scaremongering going on at present but a lot depends upon the courier who deliver the items in the Uk and whether they get picked up HMRC.

My son has just bought a new keyboard from Belgium worth well in excess of the £135 qualifying amount and has not faced any import tax or other levies .. VAT was charged and collected at source at 20%. I don't know how or whether this is repatriated to the UK.

The Guardian appears to be fuelling the flames of caution:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-eu-websites-face-more-than-100-import-duties

There's quite a lot of scaremongering going on at present but a lot depends upon the courier who deliver the items in the Uk and whether they get picked up HMRC.

I bought some fishing tackle from a Swedish website last week VAT free, supplied on their understanding that the courier (UPS) would collect the UK taxes due plus a handling fee. The parcel arrived without me having to pay anything additional. I'm not sure if this was due to a retailer misunderstanding of how the new system works or whether UPS are overstretched and are just waving things through until they have the facilities to implement the new system.

For Abelo, as they are a dedicated Lyson supplier I think there would be extra costs to do with customs agents/paperwork but no massive hike in costs due to tariffs or customs duties.

I have Abelo/Lyson tanks, an issue I have is the gate valves are chemically bonded to the threaded outlet from the tank so you are unable to remove without a bit of work (something I have not managed to achieve).
That said very happy with the kit, heated which does help with settling etc.

Back