Senior Moment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frithgar

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 and one nuc
Got sent this story as an email recently

Apparently, a self-important college student attending a recent football game took it upon himself to explain to a senior citizen sitting next to him why it was impossible for the older generation to understand his generation.

'You grew up in a different world, actually an almost primitive one' the student said, loud enough for many of those nearby to hear. 'The Young people of today grew up with television, jet planes, space travel, man walking on the moon. Our space probes have visited Mars. We have nuclear energy, ships and electric and hydrogen cars, cell phones. Computers with light-speed processing... And more.'

After a brief silence the senior citizen responded as follows:

'You're right, son. We didn't have those things when we were young ... so we invented them. Now, you arrogant little sh#*, what are you doing for the next generation?'

The applause was amazing

Excellent reply ;) This generation owe so much, they talk about "respect", yet don't know the meaning of the word.

Oh nice one - loved to have seen that arrogant little sh*t's face!

freethorpe bees;74565 said:
Oh nice one - loved to have seen that arrogant little sh*t's face!

I have a grandson who I occasionally have to put to rights . 'his' face is very often a picture :biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

John Wilkinson

what would the young do without us oldies???:cheers2:

kazmcc;74124 said:
Excellent reply ;) This generation owe so much, they talk about "respect", yet don't know the meaning of the word.

Sorry to be controversial, but most real rudeness I come across is from old buggers. Most of the young people I meet are charming. I'm in between and therefore have absolutely no distinguishing characteristics. :)

In my job I visit all age ranges and I think most people are extremely racist and rude although its fair to say by the time I get to see them they have been without service for a day or two, promised an earlier appointment, wound up, messed about and find they need to tell me their life story and fault history and their poor experience with our Indian call centre.

Welcome to the world of a Virgin Media fault engineer.
(no doubt soon to be X employee if my boss has any say in the matter as I've been signed off since June)

:patriot:

Skyhook;74591 said:
Sorry to be controversial, but most real rudeness I come across is from old buggers. Most of the young people I meet are charming. I'm in between and therefore have absolutely no distinguishing characteristics. :)
Where do you live? the dark side of the moon?:boxing_smiley:

Seriously ,there are some good kids out there .
Most of the cadet forces turn out well disciplined, polite children/ young men and young ladies, with a purpose in life , self respect, which is a first requirement for respecting others !comradeship, cooperation ,organisation , I could go on and on .
These cadets are no different from the yobbo , it's being subjected to an environment that fosters the best in them that makes them shine .

John Wilkinson

Bring back National Service I reckon - drum a bit of discipline into them!

Seriously ,there are some good kids out there .
Most of the cadet forces turn out well disciplined, polite children/ young men and young ladies, with a purpose in life , self respect, which is a first requirement for respecting others !comradeship, cooperation ,organisation , I could go on and on .
These cadets are no different from the yobbo , it's being subjected to an environment that fosters the best in them that makes them shine .

Heartily agree with that.
I often come across groups of cadets who are always polite and as helpful as they can be.
Also another group are those who actually get the chance to go out as a family on day trips to events and displays etc. as opposed to the family entertainment /treat being a DVD and pizza.

I am all in favour of the NHS.
It has one serious deficieny : compulsory sterilisation.

I am all in favour of a welfare state.
It has one serious deficiency. A family can run to three generations and never contribute.

I am all in favour of universal benefits.
They have one deficiecy: persistent criminals are entitled to them.

Well I ddint know you had to be sterilised to work for the NHS! That's what you're saying isnt it? You cannot mean you have to be sterilised to use the NHS. I'd better tell my daughter as she just qualified as a nurse! No doubt she'll say I'm talking rubbish!

Latest posts

Back