• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sending nucs out IN THE POST

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clive

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
My wife works in the post office sorting office she told me that Easy bee have been sending out there bees in white correx boxes for a month.
Yet I ordered mine on 26/APRIL with a deposit and have been told to pick up end May,
When I asked Mr Roberts why? His excuse was because of the Volcano’s dust!
I have now received an email with a possible collection date after the 18th MAY.
We shall see?

That volcano is getting blamed for a lot of things.

I would guess he is running a first ordered first served policy, as ordering on the 26th of April is quite late as i am sure he would have had hundreds of orders pre xmas or even earlier, also i think the volcano won't have stopped his bees producing but may have delayed his operation by a week or two due to delays in new queens arriving. Personally i think if you ordered on the 26th of April i'd be chuffed to see a nuc within a month considering the year the bees are having, and he was up front with you that he was running abit slow, if he had said you can have it next week but then didn't do as he said then I'd see your point of worrying.

Have patience its so blooming cold you won't even be able to do a great deal with them yet.

C B

Given the weather where do you think the bees are coming from?

As counselled already please have some patience people.

I have a bunch of queens coming in two weeks and am seriously wondering if I wil have bees to support them, certainly nothing like what I planned on over winter so thank the gods I don't have 2000 arriving. (note that is a random number from my head not any other parties. )

PH

PH
Have you found a source of AMM queens from this Country or are you importing? (By the way no axe to grind either way, just interested)

Peter

I order my nuc February 09 from the above person in question, didnt recieve it last year even with some tame chasing, with more persistent chasing since christmas still have not got it this year, and now wants proof that i paid!!!! i.e photocopy of cheque from bank! Full payment cashed 11/02/09!

Proof? if you ordered and paid I cant see how he can question that.

I order my nuc February 09 from the above person in question, didnt recieve it last year even with some tame chasing, with more persistent chasing since christmas still have not got it this year, and now wants proof that i paid!!!! i.e photocopy of cheque from bank! Full payment cashed 11/02/09!

As PH posted above......you need to have a little patience,Rome was not built in a day as they say,never of been built at all if it was left to some people.:smilie_bett:

Considering he paid for it 15 months ago I think he is very patient.

Very patient and the proof of payment thing is bordering outragiously rude

I am getting them from Wickerstaffes.

Asking for proof is not rude is it sensible.

If you are dealing with hundreds how on earth can you be expected to remember everyone? Believe me it is impossible.

All that is needed is a copy of the bank statement. black out all the non relevant and get on the phone to him having sent a scan.

PH

I still cant understand why bee breeders don't run a credit card or pay pal system, they all seem to run on cheques.

I know there is a charge to them but the amount of business they do would more than compensate and its all easily trackable. The charge can be passed on anyway.

Im sure they would get more orders too as you just type it in and your done, no mucking about, waiting for things to clear etc. Took me an hour to find my cheque book. :) :rant:

To a point I agree as one of the suppliers I use refuses to move past cheques and I pointed out that I am in business too and won't even ACCEPT a cheque now.

But some are of an age and set in their ways.

PH

PH

have done the bank statement thing already, not good enough as only shows amount paid out and chq no., not that it actually went to person.

I am in business myself selling large quantities of a product to multiple purchasers, if payment is received prior to delivery, receipt is given and this is signed once the transaction is completed on my behalf. So each side has a signed copy. Finish.

I was told to bring an email as proof of collection and my argument is that even if organisation is poor enough not to allocate payments correctly then there should be a file with signed emails stating collection has occurred, if this is not present then surely its obvious no collection has been made.

Im sure they will be the best bees in the end of it and at least the weather will be a bit warmer. Hopefully!

Going back to the beginning... would Mike send nucs in the post? i doubt it. I reckon he would send packages of bees, ie, bees and queen and no frames. i don't think that it is a sin to send packages in the post is it?

Your bank will easily tell you who drew the cheque.

They may put it in writing if you promise them a bonus.

As far as I know Mike uses a Courier. Which may or may not be Parcel Post.

As for him being rude this is an odd one.

I have on line reviews saying I am abrupt and rude. I have online reviews which are glowing. which are right? Both as they reflect the individuals impression.

Being Scottish I am probably more direct than most non Scots are used to and that can come over as abrupt. *shrug*

Mike I have found in my limited dealings with him to be a lovely guy.

PH

Queens are imported from Western Australia, the first dust cloud set back way behind for all orders. There is now a second air traffic restriction in force which could in turn delay this issue again. The weather has been terrible for queen rearing with allot having to be culled. He is running a business you have no control over nature, which I would think allot of people as bkeeps would be aware of by now.

On another note whiteoakjill did you receive your money back?

Latest posts

Back