tberni 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
several
Hello

I have just tried to make a donation to the site - mainly because I have used it quite a bit recently, AND also the Administrator seems to think that I have opened a new thread asking members about what they think is a fair selling price for queens - just as a way of advertising without me making a donation to the site.

Anyway, I have tried making a donation which doesn't seem to accept my card tonight and then it won't allow me to send a message to Admin. I need to change private messaging options or something. How do I change it so that I can send a private message to Admin so that I can make a donation.

Thanks
Tim

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Hi Tim,your first 2 posts were to advertise Nucs you were selling this year,we have had a few problems with members using the site just to advertise without making any other posts.

You can contact admin anytime by clicking the link: Contact Us

admin 

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I just noticed you have 50 hives that makes you a beefarmer.
I will not be able to accept any donation you make and will return any you offer as it would be seen by members as taking money for commercial advertising.

We have a good handfull of members that sell bee related items as a business but they never advertise there own products and rely on word of mouth from other members for feedback.

Your first 3 posts were to advertise or talk about your products.
You say you have been reading loads on the forum but you have not bothered to help any of our members out with advice.

I can only assume you are here to sell and that is aginst forum rules.

tberni 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
several
Last post

Hello again

I did try to send another post but it wouldn't let me.

No, Im not a beefarmer. I am a teacher, but its true that I keep 50 hives. Basically I don't have a life between March to October and my girlfriend never sees me.

Yes, when I initially discovered the site I did try and offer Nucs but I'm glad that I didn't now because I have decided to increase instead. My queen query by the way was also a genuine one as I don't think that I would have queens to offer the site in any case as there are so many new beekeepers in Suffolk wanting queens.

In terms of giving advice, I've been beekeeping for only 4 years and although Ive got 50 hives, many with lovely bees - I've not been giving out advice because I assumed that some of the members have been beekeeping for a lot longer. If you want me to give advice, then I'm more than happy to do so.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, if Im allowed to make a donation then Im only too willing to do so so let me know. Its a very good site and some of the suggested links by members are excellent so Im very happy to support it.

Thanks
Tim

Latest posts