selling wax (used comb)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bees knees

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Morning everyone.
We have recently acquired a load of used comb which we don't want to use in our hives (because of risk of spreading disease) but dont really have the time to render down ourselves to trade in for foundation. Any other options for selling / trading in? And if we find a buyer - what would be a reasonable price to charge?
many thanks.
bee-smillie

Charge? More like a give away, I would have thought! It would either have to be a lot, or to someone doing other combs at the same time and willing to take the chance.

So, are we talking the odd kilo of wax or in quantities of 25kg?

You could offer it on epay?

Regards, RAB

Bees Knees - 20kg of wax or 20kg of grotty old brood comb? If the former, then that is a hell of a volume while it is still super comb. If the latter, then not really worth it for anyone to go to the bother unless they are retired and have a largge solar wax extractor.

...it makes good starters for bonfires. :D

Meg

i would buy or build urself a solar wax extractor and stick it in there. After a couple of hot days, you should have a nice amount of clean wax to exchange for foundation....

mmmm hot days I vaguely remember them lol

I have a aga in the kitchen, it hot in there lol

Morning everyone.
We have recently acquired a load of used comb which we don't want to use in our hives (because of risk of spreading disease) but dont really have the time to render down ourselves to trade in for foundation. Any other options for selling / trading in? And if we find a buyer - what would be a reasonable price to charge?
many thanks.
bee-smillie

if you want to give it away, i have a home for it.... :D

OK thanks guys. Looks like either get a solar extractor, give it away or chuck it on the fire - should be able to manage one of those!
:seeya:

Latest posts

Back