Selling Price for Raw Propolis

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlievictorbravo

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
2 - 14x12
I have been asked for a price for raw propolis by a small-scale pharma manufacturer. Does anybody have any idea what the going rate is for raw, unrefined, unprocessed propolis?

Hedgerow Pete (we don't hear from him lately, do we) quoted £5 for 20 grammes 3 years ago but he did not give any details of purity, preparation, etc.

Any help appreciated.

CVB

I have been asked for a price for raw propolis by a small-scale pharma manufacturer. Does anybody have any idea what the going rate is for raw, unrefined, unprocessed propolis?

Hedgerow Pete (we don't hear from him lately, do we) quoted £5 for 20 grammes 3 years ago but he did not give any details of purity, preparation, etc.

Any help appreciated.

CVB

Have they told you what they are going to make with it? Just interested, I can't help with your question I'm afraid. A friend brought me some propolis toothpaste the other day (make me an offer - only used once ;-) )

I fear he is no longer with us but would love to hear otherwise.

PH

Have they told you what they are going to make with it? Just interested, I can't help with your question I'm afraid. A friend brought me some propolis toothpaste the other day (make me an offer - only used once ;-) )

Propolis toothpaste is a bit of a contradiction - you normally expect toothpaste to make your teeth shining white but my experience of propolis is that it stains anything it touches. It might improve a halitosis problem at the expense of yellow teeth!

In answer to your question, I don't know the intended use of the propolis - best I don't know, in case the end product breaks any pharma regulations - I'm in the clear if I make no claims for the raw product.

CVB

I fear he is no longer with us but would love to hear otherwise.

PH

Did you hear something or was it just his absence from the forum?

Be great to hear he's alive and well and managing a pork scratchings factory somewhere in Birmingham!

CVB

252825327780 eBay 3 20g sticks for £3.79 Bulgaria others on eBay, looks like 10g for £1 to 20g for £1

omg I'm a millionaire!
Just got to wait til spring to scrap some off.

Latest posts

Back