• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling my bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Compostcritter

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
We are moving 300 miles and will be selling our seven colonies.
The first two I have for sale are housed in 14 x12 hives mixture if cedar and treated soft wood).
The hives are full of honey and brood. They are doing so well that I have put a super on, to give more space. Wax is drawn on the supers and the brood is also 90% drawn there is some national frames that has burr comb But this is drawn underneath the frames and easy to move the frames.
I am asking 300.00 for the bees ( very good natured ) hive, queen excluder and super. Buyer needs to collect from postcode nn29 7te
If you are interested either pm me or call 07551006649

These colonies are super heathy, good natured ( can garden around the hive upto 3ft away) and doing extremely well for the time of year.

More bee equipment and colonies for sale shortly.

I am selling my bees, 14 x 12 hives, supers and all of which have drawn comb and eggs / honey in most of the frames of brood. Does anyone have any idea of a price to charge. For a colony of bees with hive and one super?
I am going to miss them terribly but I am moving 300 miles away to run a bed and breakfast and whilst they are very good natured we cannot risk someone getting stung and blaming the bees.

Argh! You're so close and I'm so tempted but I must resist having too many colonies in my first year! The other half would kill me!

I know a chap who was selling off his colonies back in February, medium sized ones were going for £70 and strong ones for £100. They weren't in 14 x 12's though. I've seen some places selling hives with colonies for £200 - £300+.

Are you a member of the Northamptonshire Beekeeping Association? There are plenty of beekeepers in the association who would glady buy them off you.

Last edited:
Yes I am I may post a message on their site. If you are tempted then let me know. I am happy for you to look before you buy. They are very good natured.

Indications from 2014 Lincolnshire bee auction suggest that going prices have dropped considerably below this.

There is a meeting on Saturday, maybe if you mentioned it to the chairman or somebody they could let the folk there know plus Beelines must be due another issue soon.

Indications from 2014 Lincolnshire bee auction suggest that going prices have dropped considerably below this.

The big companies are still charging it so it'll be interesting to see if they'll be dropping their prices during the next few months. I guess whilst people are willing to place orders at the rate they've been charging then the price will stick.

I am happy to accept 200.00 Ono I f anyone is interested in purchasing some bees already hived with one super ( some not on hives) . I will also include a feeder bucket,
I have now inspected all seven hives of bees all are healthy and have at least 6 frames of eggs ( some not fully covered) .
I have two Brood and a half and rest are 14 x 12,
Pm me all call if you are interested
Postcode nn29 7te
Telephone no 07551006649
Jacqui

hi im just starting out and offer £150 sorry of the low offer but this all i can aford at the mo

hi im just starting out and offer £150 sorry of the low offer but this all i can aford at the mo

It would of been worth the trip to lincoln2 weeks ago you would of got a full colony and super for less than £150

Auctions never usually reflect the true value of things. Some times they are up and others they are down.

Low prices means that most were not their to buy bees.

Bees

Hi
Sorry I sold the bees for a little more than 150.00 I hope you find some in the future for the price you are willing to pay. Regards jacqui

Latest posts

Back