Selection Software

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giancarlo

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
As I wrote in my presentation, now that I have more time available, I would like to make a selection of my queens.

To do this you must have tools and then first of all special software for recording all the data of the characteristics of the Queens and a database for the family tree.

B + wrote:
"I also use the German" Zucht-Buch "program, but I would not recommend it unless you have a good command of the German language, as you can easily lose yourself with an error message, etc."

I recognize that after days of trying to learn the Demo "Zucht-Buch" (an excellent and very articulate program), I had no positive results, due to the lack of knowledge of the German language.

That's why I ask you for advice on the "Zucht-Buch" program, or others you know.

Giancarlo

As I wrote in my presentation, now that I have more time available, I would like to make a selection of my queens.

To do this you must have tools and then first of all special software for recording all the data of the characteristics of the Queens and a database for the family tree.

B + wrote:
"I also use the German" Zucht-Buch "program, but I would not recommend it unless you have a good command of the German language, as you can easily lose yourself with an error message, etc."

I recognize that after days of trying to learn the Demo "Zucht-Buch" (an excellent and very articulate program), I had no positive results, due to the lack of knowledge of the German language.

That's why I ask you for advice on the "Zucht-Buch" program, or others you know.

Giancarlo

Hi Giancarlo

Zucht Buch (literal translation is "breed book") is designed for use as a stockbook and observation recording program. It works very well alongside BeeBreed (are you a member? Which race do you test?).
Since the use of this program will not interest the majority of forum members, I suggest that we continue this conversation via pm

If you're using the demo version, it uses a demo database to allow you to test it out. There are a few option changes necessary to make your own database

Last edited:
No, I am not a member of BeeBreed because even though I have this passion for Apiculture since 1975, I have always been a hobby beekeeper and therefore I have not joined the NATIONAL ALLEVATORI API ITALIANE of Crea - Api Italiano, which makes reference to "LIB" Institute for Beekeeping in Hohen Neuendorf- Germany.
In my territory the breed bred for ever is the Apis Mellifera Ligustica and now we use the Datan-Blatt hives from ten honeycombs after the conversion of the Marchigiane type beehives, a version very similar to the Langstroth apiary of twelve honeycombs.

No, I am not a member of BeeBreed because even though I have this passion for Apiculture since 1975, I have always been a hobby beekeeper and therefore I have not joined the NATIONAL ALLEVATORI API ITALIANE of Crea - Api Italiano, which makes reference to "LIB" Institute for Beekeeping in Hohen Neuendorf- Germany.
In my territory the breed bred for ever is the Apis Mellifera Ligustica and now we use the Datan-Blatt hives from ten honeycombs after the conversion of the Marchigiane type beehives, a version very similar to the Langstroth apiary of twelve honeycombs.

There are quite a few groups:
A.m. ligustica
code Name
IT-1 Ligustica breeding Italy/Abruzzo
IT-2 Ligustica breeding Italy/Basilicata
IT-3 Ligustica breeding Italy/Calabria
IT-4 Ligustica breeding Italy/Campania
IT-5 Ligustica breeding Italy/Emilia-Romagna
IT-6 Ligustica breeding Italy/Friuli-Venezia Giuli
IT-7 Ligustica breeding Italy/Lazio
IT-8 Ligustica breeding Italy/Liguria
IT-9 Ligustica breeding Italy/Lombardia
IT-10 Ligustica breeding Italy/Marche
IT-11 Ligustica breeding Italy/Molise
IT-12 Ligustica breeding Italy/Piemonte
IT-13 Ligustica breeding Italy/Puglia
IT-14 Ligustica breeding Italy/Sardegna
IT-15 Ligustica breeding Italy/Toscana
IT-16 Ligustica breeding Italy/Trentino-Alto Adige
IT-17 Ligustica breeding Italy/Umbria
IT-19 Ligustica breeding Italy/Veneto
IT-22 Ligustica breeding Italy/Sicily

Go to https://www2.hu-berlin.de/beebreed/ZWS/
click "Contact" on the menu on the left hand side
Select the group that applies to you. You can see the contact details of the group co-ordinator and also click on the image of a person to see the members of that group.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back