Seeking Mentor - North Wilts - can be remote

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaBees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi. Have attended a 2day course back in the summer and now have my 1st hive - from a nuc in late July.
I believe things are going ok, but seeking a mentor to guide through silly mistakes especially as I believe I need to increase to at least 2 hives for spring.
Forum has been a trove of information and help but there are always specific challenges that a direct line to someone would be better.

Can be remotely done (especially as it seems a 2nd lockdown is on the way) - via whatsapp/sending images etc. I think I have a sensible head on so should be workable as I'm sure there are pitfalls even the best intentioned newbie falls into.

Cheers

There are a few clubs in Nth Wilts, have you tried those?

Hi. Have attended a 2day course back in the summer and now have my 1st hive - from a nuc in late July.
I believe things are going ok, but seeking a mentor to guide through silly mistakes especially as I believe I need to increase to at least 2 hives for spring.
Forum has been a trove of information and help but there are always specific challenges that a direct line to someone would be better.

Can be remotely done (especially as it seems a 2nd lockdown is on the way) - via whatsapp/sending images etc. I think I have a sensible head on so should be workable as I'm sure there are pitfalls even the best intentioned newbie falls into.

Cheers

Just WhatsApp me Akin whenever you have a question...

Cheers
As it's getting late in the season I'm immediately concerned about your expression to increase FOR spring. Concentrate on getting your colony through winter and then think about increase.

Never be afraid to pm someone on this site to ask a question if you don't want it in the public domain. Many do! Just remember that it is sometimes good to get many answers and see which suits you best. If you go to blogs and then authors and then click on my logo you will see my series on helping new beekeepers. It may offer some answers.

Pictures attached as per our pm . Sorry couldn't find how to put them on the pm!

Attachments

• IMG_20200922_171329.jpg
    IMG_20200922_171329.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200922_171310.jpg
    IMG_20200922_171310.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24

Cheers
I would recommend joining your local Beekeeping Association. You will find details on BBKA website if you are not sure of contacts. They will be able to put you in touch with local experienced beekeepers who will mentor you. They may also be running some sort of courses in the winter, perhaps through Zoom webinars or whatever.

Back