Seeing Red or Not

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem with picking the queen up, just that CoT is easier - no stress on bees as queen never leaves the comb, it also gives the opportunity to have your hand free for rummaging in your pocket for the pen/popping back to the truck for a different coloured one (when you realise that what you thought was your new yellow queen with a cleaned off thorax was actually her [blue] mother with only a fragment of paint left as her daughter calmly passed by on the next frame)/just keeping her safe whilst, as you've just decided, you are going to Demarree and need to get more kit from the stack.

I bought a brand new red Posca pen to mark my new queens - and for some reason I've found that the colour has mostly gone by the next inspection. Maybe I didn't let it dry as long as I have previously, or maybe the red takes a wee bit longer to dry. Unless they have recently changed the formula?

I am considering doing them all yellow anyway as I find that much easier to spot. The white Posca doesn't stay very bright on my bees either.

I bought a brand new red Posca pen to mark my new queens - and for some reason I've found that the colour has mostly gone by the next inspection. Maybe I didn't let it dry as long as I have previously, or maybe the red takes a wee bit longer to dry. Unless they have recently changed the formula?

I am considering doing them all yellow anyway as I find that much easier to spot. The white Posca doesn't stay very bright on my bees either.

Thanks for the heads up, I shall try again on the one queen in that case.

Latest posts

Back