Seed Swaps

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widdershins

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
..anyone think its a good idea?

Dont know what I'll have spare yet, but Im sure I will have some extra seeds that could do with a good home!

Not sure how to do this, do we post what we want and what we have, or leave it kind of casual? :nature-smiley-005:

Sounds great - I do this with my gardening group. I LOVE poppies, so always looking for new varieties -and seeds prolific. Always gather what my garden produces from every possible plant- hate waste. End up with far too many -
Happy to post:)

Me Too
Again, have yet to plant any so not sure what i have spare, but will post as soon as i know what i can give away. or Swap.

Sounds great - I do this with my gardening group. I LOVE poppies, so always looking for new varieties -and seeds prolific. Always gather what my garden produces from every possible plant- hate waste. End up with far too many -
Happy to post:)

Hi Heather

Maybe this is another thing you could introduce to your association on talk nights.

I've seen book boxes at the back of meetings, why not a seed swap box?

Peter
Cambridge UK

oooh i have plenty of poppy seeds u could have heather...is it legal to send them bearing in mind their dubious properties....also would anyone like some ragwort seeds or bindweed cuttings? he he he he oh i amuse myself;)

i have heard that honey from poppy and rhodedendron pollen is narcotic..does anyone have any info on this?:)

I have always thought that seed swaps were a great idea. What am I going to do with 100 Tomato plants!

However I have tried two from river cottage and have contributed to both and as yet have received nothing.

Both of these were based on the whole package being sent to the next recipient on the list, thereofre if the package got lost/stopped everyone lost.

I would say it would be better to have a single recipient who then separated the seeds to all contributors.

Manyt hanks

Lee

Fair point - but I think it may be easier if each individual posts what spares they have, and then conduct it from there via PM.

Welcome to the forum by the way Floyd!

I think most of on here "know" each other enough to send directly to each other, after all we are beekeepers!

River cottage have started keeping bees apparently - wonder how they are getting on - a good publicity area to promote bee keeping

And anyone going to Stoneleigh take seeds etc up/down there.:cheers2:

Last edited:
I am up for this to i have avalible loads to parsnips seed home collected , bags of 50 should be big enough for you and i have milloins of jersy cabbage seeds they are the walking stick ones 5 foot cabbage anyone! how about bags of 50 aswell there. might have some peas spare aswell but not to many might also find some thyme seeds in there as well if you want

Brilliant!! Is there anything in particular you're on the look out for??

I might have some spare Sunflower seeds - any good??

i have had a tidy up in the shed today so this is what avalible for any one who wants them
19 packets of boracole seeds ( teaspoon worth loads of seeds)
6 packets of white radish's seeds (teaspoon again)
10 packets of early peas (100 seeds approx 50 gm)

these are all home saved seeds from last year they are not shop brought, i regrow them every year yes the seeds are not realy realy clean there is some fluff with them but you will have loads for what you want,

if you email a message to me with what you want and an address they will be posted some time next week when i get my paycheck

Oops, sorry! Been poorly with a stinking rotten cold :svengo: - its my intention to go through my seeds this weekend, will report back once done!

Back