Scout or Robbers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gscot

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I recently set up a swarm trap and sprayed some sugar water inside along with lemongrass oil after about a week I have noticed about 10 honey bees visiting was wondering if they are scout bees or robbers is there a difference

Scout bees have long socks and scarfs and woggles
Robber bees usually have stripey jerseys and little bags with SWAG printed on them !

-------------------------------------------
OR you can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think... as my Grandmother would have said !

Last edited:
I recently set up a swarm trap and sprayed some sugar water inside along with lemongrass oil after about a week I have noticed about 10 honey bees visiting was wondering if they are scout bees or robbers is there a difference

Its hard to say but at a guess bees interested in the sugar. Its best to have no honey or syrup in a bait hive. Honey residue on old comb is hard to avoid but the old comb and a box that once occupied bees is a great attractant to scout bees, and the occasional passing bee.

Latest posts

Back