Scared about getting old? Worry not, vast riches could be coming your way...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amari

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just received this letter from the Pensions Service.....

Attachments

• Pensions service @ 80.pdf
    199.9 KB · Views: 88
It's a piffling sum.

I have written to you asking you to donate it to a worthy cause - eg me.

There are approx 12 million OAPs in the UK and they all get an extra £13 a week and I will have written to all of them by next week.

If half of them agree that's around £78Million a week for me or around £4billion a year.
That will do nicely.
Anyone want a loan at 10% interest - a month? For that, you will get a free tour of my new 250 meter long yacht with free drinks. :devilish:

It's a piffling sum.

I have written to you asking you to donate it to a worthy cause - eg me.

There are approx 12 million OAPs in the UK and they all get an extra £13 a week and I will have written to all of them by next week.

If half of them agree that's around £78Million a week for me or around £4billion a year.
That will do nicely.
Anyone want a loan at 10% interest - a month? For that, you will get a free tour of my new 250 meter long yacht with free drinks. :devilish:
Unfortunately for you there are not 12 million OAP's OVER 80 in the U.K., just a mere 3.2 million so you may have to reduce the length of your yacht significantly 😂.

Mark has to keep working to help pay for my (downsized but still palatial) yacht.
Na!! I'll retire at 55 from making money from bees..... :laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-004

Edit: or be crippled from beekeepers back.

Last edited:
You don't deserve it - I bet you'll waste it all on fast cars, fast women, and drugs.

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. ... Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed .......
Matthew 26:41

Just like the one I got. Better than a raspberry I suppose but don't need it and too small to give away and cash gifts don't work well these days either..

Na!! I'll retire at 55 from making money from bees..... :laughing-smiley-014:laughing-smiley-004

Edit: or be crippled from beekeepers back.

I recommend spinal twists - yoga.
(And up dog, down dog, forward bends, backwards bends)

I recommend spinal twists - yoga.
(And up dog, down dog, forward bends, backwards bends)
Or get your better half to walk over your back that would sort it.

On Friday I hived up 6 colonys and marked 8 queen's, a single brood box on a pallet is a bit low so I got on my knees to search and mark them, I think I need a crash course on my stance I take .

Im going to put higher stands at some of the apiarys to help any tips welcome.
:offtopic:maybe :)

Getting the height right for you is imperative.
All my hives are on stands at just the right height for my back during inspection but 3 of my clients have WBCs which are just too low for me and after 30mins looking for a queen my back starts complaining!

Except to grandchildren....
They will each get a chunk when I fall off my perch providing SWMBO who has alzheimers hasn't outlived me and splodged the lot on excessively high living that we never bothered to enjoy!!! :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2: :icon_204-2:

Or get your better half to walk over your back that would sort it.

On Friday I hived up 6 colonys and marked 8 queen's, a single brood box on a pallet is a bit low so I got on my knees to search and mark them, I think I need a crash course on my stance I take .

I use 30cms off the ground as a stand height.(After some trials at 20cms which was too low)
Only becomes a problem at 5 supers and over...

(I am using Lang jumbos which at 50cm deep are rather bigger than National broods at 22.5cms.... But at least I don't have to lift them often!)

Don’t forget your state pension with graduated and Serps is taxed .
why pay it all then claw some back ?
could be Paye as is was first earned !

Latest posts

Back