Saw the strangest thing today...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShinySideUp

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
None, ex-beekeeper
My wife and I were sat in the garden and she had an almost empty cup of coffee on the table in front of us. A bee arrived. It looked so much like a honey bee but was ever so, ever so slightly smaller. It proceeded to walk around the rim of the cup laying eggs as it went until it flew away. It left about 15 eggs behind it as it walked, so there was no cluster, no attempt at laying them in the shade. We honestly have no idea why it was doing what it did. Very strange. Any ideas as to what it was?

No, very weird, but did the cup have a floral pattern (ie could it have thought "I shall lay my eggs on this bush") and was there sugar in the coffee? These might provide clues.

Sure they were eggsand not ........ Anything else!!!!😱😱😱😱

You know, I have no idea. TBH I don't know what bee poop looks like despite having thousands of bees.

Edit: Just did a search, I think it was poo, if so, that bee really needed to go!

You know, I have no idea. TBH I don't know what bee poop looks like despite having thousands of bees.

Edit: Just did a search, I think it was poo, if so, that bee really needed to go!
I meant it as a joke but hey.....if the cap fits😁

For goodness sake keep it to yourself ... I've spent years convincing 'er indoors that the small streaks of brown that cover her car are sap from the trees she parks against ....

For goodness sake keep it to yourself ... I've spent years convincing 'er indoors that the small streaks of brown that cover her car are sap from the trees she parks against ....
Unfortunately I have a wife who understands bees (even went for training at York) a few days ago her comment over dinner was - see the bees are getting active, even though it's a bit cold - bee crap all over my car's soft top.... hello spring!

Unfortunately I have a wife who understands bees (even went for training at York) a few days ago her comment over dinner was - see the bees are getting active, even though it's a bit cold - bee crap all over my car's soft top.... hello spring!
That'll cost you some brownie points ... even if it's the bees poo it will be your fault !

If she understands and wasn't moaning.... She's a keeper! :)

Latest posts

Back