Savage chickens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst I was picking peas earlier today I heard a sudden commotion from the chicken runs, so I strolled over to see what was up. It appears that a crow had perhaps decided to try to raid their food and they'd taken exception to it. It couldn't fly any more -- it's wing was broken by the looks of it -- and by the time I got there it was trying to run away whilst the chickens took it in turn to run up and jump on it. Even the ones in the next run were lining up against the fence trying to get in on the action. I had to shoot it in the end to put it out of it's misery. I've never seen them so aggressive. I hope they've calmed down a bit when I go to collect the eggs this evening...

James
Chickens are little raptors. If they were bigger they would be more agro than ostriges. For years my sister couldnt be in the garden cause cockeral used to hack her in the legs with his spurs. Good old days kak funny

Long time ago one girl told me that their family got new puppy. That puppy terrorized hens by ripping out feathers from a tail. She said once they had one celebration and lot of food was on a plate for the puppy. Puppy was laying in the yard all fed up on its back and in one moment like the hens had a plan all flock came and started to peck right in the puppy's stomach. Puppy barely managed to escape from them.. Later on, puppy never attacked hens again..

Latest posts

Back