Santa's Sack

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widdershins

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
...OK, with Christmas just round the corner, what does everyone have on their present list, beekeeping wise?

I might ask for a Bee Jacket, so I dont spend the entire summer looking like a Teletubby! (well, only half of one!)

one of these is on its way and should arrive sometime this week :D

921.jpg

Well he delivered mine himself. I have had it all working and tried frames in it so top marks from me. Another member of our association has also bought one from him. Another 3 have had theirs for a few years, with no complaints. He offered to sort out the problem with the purchaser of the extracor in the link you provided, what more could he have done. No shop owner checks every item they sell to see if it works. I know you have had some problems with them but I am more than happy with the service provided.

Last edited:
I think the point was he still wanted paying in full for it whilst it was still not working. The guy offered him half the money and he turned it down.

Must say after supplying Joe Public myself for many years I would not have taken any money until it was all sorted.

Bl...y nora , Frisbee . I am impressed. I only go around building sites, scavenging skips- then bring back to HWTHSBO to build stuff. But mostly he just puts kits together. That present to yourself looks technical! :svengo:

Firs, I had to read that twice - thought you put that you have taken to collecting abandoned Estate Agents - ha ha ha!!!

And wow! what you gonna be doing with that saw? Or is that what the Esate Agents are for?! ;)

The estate agents signs are for the copious amount of correx they use......

I have some excellent OMF's and am copying their design, so the woodwork is more than just a simple square screwed together, nothing wrong with that, but it does get a bit wobbly after a while, the one's I'm copying have simple joints but are all overlapping so the stress on each joint is removed. I also made dummy boards from ply and put lugs on them so they don't fall through, a band saw makes it just so easy. Once you've got one it's uses become obvious.

I don't think I would want an estate agent, even an abandoned one, their outlook on life would be similar to bankers I would have thought........have I spelt that right?..........:rofl: :rofl:

Frisbee

And that guy finished with the same number of fingers he started with - amazing

I could not do without my bandsaw but with hindsight I would have gone for a bigger one - as you do -
:cheers2: Mike

Latest posts

Back