Sander problem with B&Q involved...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I have a sander I bought from B&Q and "it's not on our system" quoth the help line.

I need a new sticky pad to hold the 1/3 sheets it takes on the platten.

the platten is 92 x 187mm.

I have looked through Screwfix for a spare to not avail, so any thoughts please?

PH

quite a few of the sanders are compatible with each other... what type is it?

Performance Power aren't you supposed to throw them away when the paper clogs up! :D

Sander is ok, jsut need the interface between the platten and paper.

PH

10PK 1/3 SHEETS
Aluminium oxide. 93 x 230mm heavy 'E' weight.
Pre-cut to fit all 1/3 sheet sanding machines. 10 pack.
CODE DESCRIPTION PACK PRICE
415770 60 GRIT 10 £0.89
214702 80 GRIT 10 £0.89
848562 120 GRIT 10 £0.89
128139 240 GRIT 10 £0.89

These any good to you Polyhive? From any silverline stockist or these if it is hook and loop sheets
10PK HOOK & LOOP 1/3" SHEETS

Aluminium oxide hook and loop 1/3 sheets 93x185mm fits most 1/3 sheet sanding machines.
CODE DESCRIPTION PACK PRICE
282540 60G 1 £2.57
675218 80G 1 £2.57
868737 120G 1 £2.57
633768 240G 1 £2.57

Last edited:
Performance Power aren't you supposed to throw them away when the paper clogs up! :D

That joke will go straight over the head of a Scotsman,also a Yorkshirman. :laughing-smiley-004

Pete are they the hook over type ? you can just cut a full sheet into 3 or buy a roll and cut if they are,or are they just sticky ?

That joke will go straight over the head of a Scotsman,also a Yorkshirman. :laughing-smiley-004

Pete are they the hook over type ? you can just cut a full sheet into 3 or buy a roll and cut if they are,or are they just sticky ?

No us Yorkshire men are the ones that pick them up after you throw them and we make them last for years (who has the last laugh??) :)

I read this as Pete needs a new pad,not sheets of glasspaper?

It takes both types of paper, the self adhesive ones with the white backing and the hook over type.

I need the pad for the platen though.

PH

B&Q don't often keep spares, but you can often get spares from other places.

Belts and brushes for various tools can be bought from Solent Tools. Not sure about pads.

Could be worth calling Performance Power on 0845 3002577 (I believe!). If they cannot help, they may know someone who can.

Thanks all. I went to B&Q today, waited to see the duty manger who never arrived, then bought a new one. What a terrible outfit B&q is.

PH

What a terrible outfit B&q is.
But you gave them your money all the same :mad:

I really do not know why people moan about the national chain stores and then go and shop there!

Maybe you should have purchased a decent sander from a small independant retailer who cares about their customers, that's if there are any left.

You can make a new pad by laminating two sections of non slip router matt together with impact adhesive,or find suitible piece of flat quarter inch rubber.

Back