Sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deemann1

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+ nucs
I know Thornes sale is on at the moment.
When is maisimore winter sales are they having one

Just wondering before I order, does foundation have a shelf life
Nope - as Somerford says, I just keep all mine laid flat in lidded plastic boxes (not even sealed boxes) although I also have some already in frames sat outside in a stack of boxes all winter - bees will draw it all the same. - no need for all this nonsense about running a hairdryer over it to 'freshen' it up.

Nope - as Somerford says, I just keep all mine laid flat in lidded plastic boxes (not even sealed boxes) although I also have some already in frames sat outside in a stack of boxes all winter - bees will draw it all the same. - no need for all this nonsense about running a hairdryer over it to 'freshen' it up.
I found some dn1 frames+foundation in wbc hives which were 6 years old I used them last season, they were drawn out well, wired vertically why?? they may have been older??

@Curly green finger's , there's quite a tradition of verticle wiring. Here and abroad although not be common in the UK for a fair while, so your frames could well ohave been over 6 years old, at least, the foundation could have been.

I think that Thorne's recently reintroduced it as an option a couple of years back.

Brings back memories of Taylors crimped "strong hold" foundation was vertically wired

@Curly green finger's , there's quite a tradition of verticle wiring. Here and abroad although not be common in the UK for a fair while, so your frames could well ohave been over 6 years old, at least, the foundation could have been.

I think that Thorne's recently reintroduced it as an option a couple of years back.
Well the wbc hives I think are from thornes, I'll have a look next time I'm in the workshop.

Maisemore used to have a January Poly sale but aren't this year. Their next is in June.

As long as the foundation is kept sealed in the bag and in the dark and not crushed or allowed to sweat (ie in a thin walled shed it will warp) then it'll be fine for a few years.
They have sale prices at the conventions, I'm waiting for the wbka in March

Latest posts

Back