Sad, but true.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've been on here a very short time, and now looks as if my beekeeping days are over, I've been told to quit keeping bees.

I'd thought I'd let that sink in, its upset me no end, I've developed a near fatal reaction to stings, (yeah, eppi pen job) each one seems to be worse than the last, and been told, well, more ordered by my the doctor and my family to quit.
Luckily my uncle and father will take over my hives, so at least I can still enjoy the honey. Its the reason I've not been posting on here for awhile, been in derriford hospitals toxicology ward for over a week. :(

I'm to take over the post hive honey production, but no more dealing with the hive direct.

Really really upset about it but just have to manage.
Thanks to you all for being so helpfull, and I'll catch up soon.
FReD

You are not only one hwo react that way. The keeper or family member is in dander and he must stop that hobby.

Many professional have gived up his job because tha back did not stand heavy duty.

Aww, thats a shame - but, at least you know where they are and how they're doing.

I've been on here a very short time, and now looks as if my beekeeping days are over, I've been told to quit keeping bees.

I'd thought I'd let that sink in, its upset me no end, I've developed a near fatal reaction to stings, (yeah, eppi pen job) each one seems to be worse than the last, and been told, well, more ordered by my the doctor and my family to quit.
Luckily my uncle and father will take over my hives, so at least I can still enjoy the honey. Its the reason I've not been posting on here for awhile, been in derriford hospitals toxicology ward for over a week. :(

I'm to take over the post hive honey production, but no more dealing with the hive direct.
Really really upset about it but just have to manage.
Thanks to you all for being so helpfull, and I'll catch up soon.
FReD
I'm very sorry about that Fred:(. A word of advice, please do your extracting in an insect proof room(better still after dark). Extracting attracts every bee/wasp in the district . I extract in a bee proof honey house complete with screened extractor fan (it gets warm in there:)),when I look round the back of the shed ,there is always a mixed cloud of wasps and bees dancing in the slip stream trying to figure out how to get at this wonderful aroma producing honey !!.

John Wilkinson

Hi Fred, Thats realy sad news, I have only been here a few months and will have my first bees in the spring.
I cannot imagine how hard it must be to have to stop beekeeping.
Having said that it HAS to be done in this case.
Hope you can still enjoy a more distant involvement.

That's very sad. I hope you'll still be able to visit the apiary, suitably togged up, to enjoy the atmosphere, even if you can no longer manipulate the hives.

I'm very sorry about that Fred:(. A word of advice, please do your extracting in an insect proof room(better still after dark). Extracting attracts every bee/wasp in the district . I extract in a bee proof honey house complete with screened extractor fan (it gets warm in there:)),when I look round the back of the shed ,there is always a mixed cloud of wasps and bees dancing in the slip stream trying to figure out how to get at this wonderful aroma producing honey !!.

John Wilkinson

Great advice from JW.

Sorry to hear about the reactions to the stings. At least you are still with us!!

Hopefully you will still be able to advise the rest of your family, at least from a distance, on the best methods of swarm control etc and then you'll be able to still enjoy the honey !

best wishes

S

Hi Frederick, sad news indeed but good that you are still here and posting. Enjoy the honey and let us know how the 'apprentices' are doing.

Mike.

So upset to read your post. But it is more important to us all that you are safe and well. :grouphug:

Latest posts

Back