Sack truck

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bought one of these off amazon

a super fits on the flat bed and it converts to a light weight sack truck

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coopers-of-Stortford-Multipurpose-Trolley/dp/B003AS0SAQ/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=diy&qid=1285010989&sr=8-16[/ame]

Got given this from work, they threw it out as it had a flat tyre!!! £1 spent on a puncher repair kit and tyre inflated:hat:

050710185.jpg

The problem with these is friction, also sack trucks.

A builders barrow is an awesome tool. Esp on rough ground.

PH

no problem with the one I bought plus with the wider pneumatic wheels goes over rough/muddy ground very easily.

Thanks for that Craig id noticed they were selling them soon and was wondering if they were any good.

I bought one of the sack trucks from Aldi last year and also use it for moving hives, it is worth every penny. I also have one of the four wheel carts which I use frequently even for moving my chicken houses, also worth having.
Not thought of using wheel barrow but may give it a try.
Cheers
S

The problem with these is friction, also sack trucks.

A builders barrow is an awesome tool. Esp on rough ground.

PH

I agree PH, with a purpose cut piece of ply to give a flat bed big enough for a super, I have had mine 3 high on rough-ish ground but wouldn't go any higher, weight s well as stability.

Bought one of these years ago from machine mart :coolgleamA:
Modified it by bulking up the axle , fabricating a removable box and fitting golf trolley wheels to make using on soft ground a push over ;)

hivetransport004.jpg

hivetransport003.jpg

At the home end I modified a lightweight model thus-

hivetransport007.jpg

hivetransport005.jpg

hivetransport006.jpg

Makes life a lot easier .:D

John Wilkinson

I used me barra to get the hives off the trailer to the heather stance some 100 yds or so. Then got wise after a visit from a BF who suggested (totally correctly) that the hives would be better of a bit lower in more shelter.

Supers I think I got four on with some cunning balancing.

I now have more respect for my back...LOL

PH

Latest posts

Back