Rutland Bee Keeping Association

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daytonadean

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

Just to let you guys know, as of July 1st there is now a Bee Keeping Association specificly for RUTLAND and surrounding area. there web site is..

www.rbka.org

Regards

Dean

E-mail I received ...... hope they don't mind me putting it up here, I've omitted the phone number.
Rich

Dear Beekeepers
We are writing to you to let you know that as of 1st July this year there is a new association set up the provide support and education to beekeepers in and around Rutland.

There has been a void in Rutland for some time, with bee keepers being forced to travel for training and association meetings outside of the area. From 2010 we will be holding Theory Courses locally which will lead in to practical training to BBKA standards, either in a local association apiary or in small groups, at members aperies pending a decision by all members of the association.

Further to this, in January 2010 we will have put forward our application to the British Bee Keeping Association, to become affiliated to this major UK body. If granted we will include public and product insurance cover provided by this association.

In order for our association to achieve affiliation with the BBKA we will need both a proposer and a seconder, and are looking for support from local associations. If you feel your association can provide such support please contact;

Dean Roizer (Acting Chairman)

We look forward to hearing from you and hope that we will have your support in this new venture for bee-keeping in Rutland

Latest posts

Back