Rubber seals for honey tap

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chalkie

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5+
Anyone know where i can get the rubber seals for a nylon honey tap, mine are split and need replacing urgently.

thanks

A trip to a propper plumbers outlet might show up somthing, or just make your own seals. A tyre inner tube or similar would do.

A trip to a propper plumbers outlet might show up somthing, or just make your own seals. A tyre inner tube or similar would do.

Will try plumbers merchants, i said seal but there really an o-ring so cutting up an innertube wont do.
thanks

i said seal but there really an o-ring so thanks

If it really needs an O ring an O ring is what is needed, but if there is just a flat face against the drum flat face a gasket (seal) will do.

We are not taking pressure seals etc, so dont get to bogged down with technicalities.

You should realy use food grade seals rather than auto type neoprene.Why not ask Thornes.

You should realy use food grade seals rather than auto type neoprene.Why not ask Thornes.

Maybe a good idea but the vast majority of off the shelf o rings are nitrile and essentially the same compound as food grade anyway. Honey at room temperature isn't going to cause decomposition of nitrile, bits of it are unlikely to get into the final product and even if they did it's not going to cause any harm to the consumer.

Latest posts

Back