Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

chalkie 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
5+
Anyone know where i can get the rubber seals for a nylon honey tap, mine are split and need replacing urgently.

thanks

jimbeekeeper 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
A trip to a propper plumbers outlet might show up somthing, or just make your own seals. A tyre inner tube or similar would do.

chalkie 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
5+
A trip to a propper plumbers outlet might show up somthing, or just make your own seals. A tyre inner tube or similar would do.
Will try plumbers merchants, i said seal but there really an o-ring so cutting up an innertube wont do.
thanks

m100 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Enough

jimbeekeeper 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
i said seal but there really an o-ring so thanks
If it really needs an O ring an O ring is what is needed, but if there is just a flat face against the drum flat face a gasket (seal) will do.

We are not taking pressure seals etc, so dont get to bogged down with technicalities.

johna 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
You should realy use food grade seals rather than auto type neoprene.Why not ask Thornes.

m100 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Enough
You should realy use food grade seals rather than auto type neoprene.Why not ask Thornes.
Maybe a good idea but the vast majority of off the shelf o rings are nitrile and essentially the same compound as food grade anyway. Honey at room temperature isn't going to cause decomposition of nitrile, bits of it are unlikely to get into the final product and even if they did it's not going to cause any harm to the consumer.

Latest posts