Rotating Brood

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure where the battery or AC supply connects, but perhaps if they can work with the BeeHause people then the next variant might be a self extracting hive.
Complete with honey dispensing tap on the end. Just like Frisbee's wannabe freebee customer dreams of. :toetap05:

Imagine being a 1000 colony farmer with these; having to contend with copper theft and electric bills in addition to the regular woes. Not the sort of thing to be humping manually either in a migratory fashion.

I guess it has some followers that have found it effective, but it's a bit high tech and just an expensive box if anything goes wrong.

And if you replace the brood section with a metal bar and light a fire under, you have a spit roaster:spam:

Imagine being a 1000 colony farmer with these; having to contend with copper theft and electric bills in addition to the regular woes. Not the sort of thing to be humping manually either in a migratory fashion.

I here that. Someone has recently stolen the copper piping from our gas tanks! No bloomin central heating!

I suppose that it is however better than top bar.

Perhaps you invent modern skep, which rotate with windpower.

I wonder where bees go in the morning when their world is upside down.

Last edited:
I'm sure hedgerow could nock up something like this in the bee shed and use use the windmill in the allotment to power it, LOL.

Place the beehive in its permanent location; connect the red wire to the positive, the blue wire to the negative pole of the battery.

Is this serious? I have a problem just working my hive tool!

I hate to say it- but I can actually see how this could work! I believe I've read that mites position themselves very carefully so as to hide in the brood food without drowning- in which case it shouldn't take too much to gum the little buggers up.

I'm just in the middle of remaking my brood boxes to top space, dont make me start again! :banghead:

Skyhook,

I think you may find it is the feeding site (that 'mum' makes on the pupa) is at a different place (spatially) and the nymphs, or whatever they are called, are unable to locate it, and so do not survive.

Regards, RAB

i'm sorely tempted to knock up a 42cm tall split and hinged dadant brood box over winter as an experiment.

Manual turning every 12 hours or so shouldn't be a problem as the missus has to be up for the animals/putting them to bed.

What fun the bees must have when they are trying to build comb designed so that the honey runs to the bottom of the cell.....and then somebody puts 10p in the slot.......

This is a brood box. The bees may have trouble with nectar but will be feeding it all the time, and honey does not run out of cells that easily (think shake test, honey extractors, etc).

I would think it would only filled with drawn frames.

RAB

What fun the bees must have when they are trying to build comb designed so that the honey runs to the bottom of the cell.....and then somebody puts 10p in the slot.......

Does it play steam organ music? That would be different...

I suppose its quite similar in structure to how bees naturally make their nests in the wild.

Ben P

"I suppose its quite similar in structure to how bees naturally make their nests in the wild."

since when have trees turned through 180 degrees each day???

"I suppose its quite similar in structure to how bees naturally make their nests in the wild."

since when have trees turned through 180 degrees each day???

I was talking about the circular combs not the turning feature.

Ben P

Latest posts

Back