Ross Rounds

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Is anybody using these?

The reason that I ask- I bought a handful of the frames at auction, but cant quite work out how they go. I thought that I would give them a try.

I only gave ?4 for them, so if they are incomplete, it is no great problem.

I have 6 frame halfs, and 5 section rings (I know that i need to get some more rings) I assume that the foundation runs down the centre of the frame halves, and that 2 dividers face in each direction. What holds the foundation in place? (Is it just langstrough cut comb foundation or special sized?)

Thanks
Mark

Well you have part of a set.

There should be 16 black lengths which clip together to make the 8 sets of frames which would fit a Langstroth super.

The foundation is as you surmise Cut Comb -- extra thin is best.

My supers for these units were insulated ones and I found on the heather that made a serious difference.

PH

Well you have part of a set.

There should be 16 black lengths which clip together to make the 8 sets of frames which would fit a Langstroth super.

The foundation is as you surmise Cut Comb -- extra thin is best.

My supers for these units were insulated ones and I found on the heather that made a serious difference.

PH

Cheers Poly Hive. I may adapt something to fit, or more likely, keep them in the cupboard until a few more come up at the right price.

Would it work creating a box and filling it half with these, and half with square sections, or would that be a waste of time?

Hmm. Might. Might not.

The reason they were invented was to get round the reluctance of the bees to fill out the corners of sections.

PH

Latest posts

Back