Ron Hoskins vandalised

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suggestion.....and my apologies if this has already been done, but why don’t we all make a small contribution to get him set back up again?
I know this won’t repair the shock, upset and emotional set backs due to him being a victim of such a dreadful crime, but at least he can have his hobby back to a greater degree than it being left for him to set himself back up, which I doubt he will feel like doing.

A lot of us have.
Check the go fund me link.
Last time I looked there was £17K

A lot of us have.
Check the go fund me link.
Last time I looked there was £17K

Just short of £20k now .. I know Ron will put this to good use. He's done everything so far mostly on his own funds ... He's not getting any younger so it will allow him to reinstate what was vandalised with something much better and perhaps with some security. On this occasion I wholeheartedly approve of this crowd funding ..some very generous people out there.

Amazing response. I read through some of the comments folks left - donations from Australia and mainland Europe as well as us 'locals'.

Just short of £20k now .. I know Ron will put this to good use. He's done everything so far mostly on his own funds ... He's not getting any younger so it will allow him to reinstate what was vandalised with something much better and perhaps with some security. On this occasion I wholeheartedly approve of this crowd funding ..some very generous people out there.

£22,574 raised to date and still counting !!!

Looking at the video a lot of the hives look untouched.

The only damage I can see is to a greenhouse (which does look beyond repair) but the bees look perfectly alright. A few roofs off and empty nucs blown over but nothing a bit of wind wouldn't have done.
Is there other damage/loss that isn't shown?

the great big pile of ash and burnt debris may be a clue - In one photograph I saw there was a bench and what may have been some settling tanks or a burco boiler.

Last edited:
lets not get involved in any speculation.
That’s not what the forum is about.
I was just glad the bees seem to have not borne the brunt of the attack.

the great big pile of ash and burnt debris may be a clue - In one photograpg I saw there was a bench and what may have been some settling tanks or a burco boiler.

I'm sure most scenes look a bit of a mess after a fire. I'm only going by what I can see on the wiltshire999 link that was posted early in this thread. It would be interesting to see what would have been there before the incident.

I suppose this is a lesson for all of us who have unattended apiaries. Keep photo/video evidence of what is there so that, if anything happens, you have something to show the police/insurance company.

Rons Apiary

All Ron's queen rearing equipment has been destroyed including petrol generator, microscope and stereo scope. Majority of the hives/nucs were pushed over and although now upright it won't be for a few days to check the queens are ok and laying? Photos put on Facebook by Ron's son and Swindon & District Beekeepers show the apiary.

Latest posts

Back