Ron Hoskins vandalised

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I get is this notice -
Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.

That link worked.
I'm speechless. Mindlessness doesn't even begin to describe the loathsomeness of the carnage. I see some kind soul has started a "crowd fund", I do hope that local keepers and businesses can also offer some help.

Ron has been very very kind to us in the past... a couple of quid to the crowdfunder link on previous post would help.

Meur ras

Sickening. Thankfully it wasn't the bees, I think that could have been too much to take.
Nice to see the support, the other side of humanity.

Ron has been very very kind to us in the past... a couple of quid to the crowdfunder link on previous post would help.

Meur ras

There’s a link on the Wiltshire police site
Unbelievable!
I’ve added a little to the fund.
Thank heavens a lot of the bees are ok.

That link worked.
I'm speechless. Mindlessness doesn't even begin to describe the loathsomeness of the carnage. I see some kind soul has started a "crowd fund", I do hope that local keepers and businesses can also offer some help.
What a sad story. There is nothing else I can say. Mindless idiots :banghead: I have clicked on the link on the wiltshire999 page to donate to him.

There’s a link on the Wiltshire police site
Unbelievable!
I’ve added a little to the fund.
Thank heavens a lot of the bees are ok.

I see the £5000 target has already been reached. Let's hope there's enough raised to set Ron up again.

Just looked at the fundraising site - there was a target of £5000 and the donation total currently stands at £5484.

This is not surprising - Ron is such a nice guy and didn't deserve this to happen to him. As Ron is self-isolating due to his age, some assistance might be needed to get the replacement buildings and kit in place. Maybe some of the money should be spent on more secure fences!

CVB

Just looked at the fundraising site - there was a target of £5000 and the donation total currently stands at £5484.

This is not surprising - Ron is such a nice guy and didn't deserve this to happen to him. As Ron is self-isolating due to his age, some assistance might be needed to get the replacement buildings and kit in place. Maybe some of the money should be spent on more secure fences!

CVB

Let's hope the fund increases enough to pay someone to get everything ship shape, God alone knows how many self employed folk are going to be scratching for whatever work they can find in the coming weeks.

:bump:
For the avoidance of doubt, the link to the funding site to help Ron rebuild is:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-rep...qf1YqmNn38VlE5d-SoIpqwuNkH7-04eF_WAg63RRylhFA
CVB
................. Ron is such a nice guy and didn't deserve this to happen to him. As Ron is self-isolating due to his age, some assistance might be needed to get the replacement buildings and kit in place. Maybe some of the money should be spent on more secure fences!
CVB

Let's hope the fund increases enough to pay someone to get everything ship shape, God alone knows how many self employed folk are going to be scratching for whatever work they can find in the coming weeks.
:bump:
Hope those local to this tragedy can lend a hand and keep us informed.
Great to see the fund has swelled.

Ron is a very nice man .. have emailed him a few times over the years - always got a reply. I've added a little - nearly £9000 now so hopefully he will be able to get his set up back together quickly before the season really gets going. I can't describe how I feel about the lunatics who did this .. just senseless. Why would you do it ?

A staggering £15,466 raised for £5,000 target so far to help repair this loathsome act of destruction.
It's interesting to read some of the comments from the 'givers'.

A staggering £15,466 raised for £5,000 target so far to help repair this loathsome act of destruction.
It's interesting to read some of the comments from the 'givers'.
That is amazing considering so many people will be wondering where their money will be coming from shortly.
I just hope the Police track down who did this but then what would happen? slapped wrist no doubt. :rolleyes:

Suggestion.....and my apologies if this has already been done, but why don’t we all make a small contribution to get him set back up again?
I know this won’t repair the shock, upset and emotional set backs due to him being a victim of such a dreadful crime, but at least he can have his hobby back to a greater degree than it being left for him to set himself back up, which I doubt he will feel like doing.

Latest posts

Back