Ron Brown: Beekeeping a Seasonal Guide

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OXFORDBEE

Field Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
More than 1, numbers seem to go up and down.
Has anyone else got a copy of this book?

It seems to be on the market second hand for about £90 and it was ony printed in 1985!

Hi

Like the sound of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I got one signed(July 85)at a talk he did. And it's also a decent read.

Regards Ian

Last edited:
My Brown is not signed but it's obviously increased in value since I bought it...

I do have a signed copy of "Beekeeping" by the "Times Bee Master" ....!

Another book that seems to have jumped up in value is Rex Sawyers pollen identification for beekeepers. I've seen that on offer for £65 complete with punched cards... I don't know what his subsequent Honey Identification book might be worth but I've got both.

Other books that seem to have shot up in value include Eva Cranes book on Honey and Morse and Hoopers Encyclopedia of beekeeping...

£95 ???? The world has gone mad methinks

I suggest an enterprising person enquires as to the relevant copyright on these 'out of print' bee books and gets printing !! (obviously the estates of the deceased would benefit!)

Well the Scanning Electron Microscope Atlas of the honeybee published by Iowa State University seems to be on the market for about £450. That was published in 1986!

Latest posts

Back