ripped off,

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
National
WHAT A COMPLETE MONKEY I AM:iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid:

, , went into a garden shop asked the guy who owns it , i want some inceticide, as strong as possible, any ddt still under the counter wink wink.

any way he sells me the strongest stuff going, here you are sir £8,

£8 quacking quid, thats right remember the EIGHT QUACKING QUID BIT:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

gets home , has a cup of tea , goes to the allotment and has another tea or two, pours the whole tiny tub into the knapsac sprayer and attacts the green house, i have it filled with a lot of brassicas for the winter and they are covered in white fly every where , very badly

any way in i goes , spraying every where and i mean every where up down side to side and inside out even underneth of course,

piles out of the green house goes for a cup of tea, sat on shed step decides to read label of what i have just spent £8 QUACKING QUID ON:iamwithstupid:

DDT....................................NO
PYRMETHARINE........................NO
NICOTINE...................................NOPE

RAPE SEED OIL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant belive i was stupid enough to pay EIGHT QUACKING QUID for 200ml of rape seed oil, i could have brought a gallon of oil for that at asda, i knew i should have stayed with mr reliable and hosed the lot down with fairly liquid and water, that only costs a quid

I feal violated and my wallet is now in councilling over it, i have just wasted £7 worth of tea bag money in a bottle of rape seed oil,

Pete, you could try the cream of the top of full fat milk (Sainsbury taste the differance gold top) it works a treat and is safe to use, it has to be fresh, just take the fat at the top and put in a mist gun and spry, repeat after three or four days, it sound weird but it works, and its cheap!:)Chris

Yellow sticky traps help with white fly.

Chrisfnvs said:
Pete, you could try the cream of the top of full fat milk (Sainsbury taste the differance gold top) it works a treat and is safe to use, it has to be fresh, just take the fat at the top and put in a mist gun and spry, repeat after three or four days, it sound weird but it works, and its cheap!:)Chris
...And it's far nicer added to a strong cup of Lavazza!!

I know you like a bit of DIY Pete.

An 80+ year old avid gardener I knew used to put all small old bits of soap into a jam jar of water, into which he would put his fag ends. He would gradually add to it over the months.

He would then dilute it down " to the colour of weak tea" and spray it on anything covered in fly. I never had the guts to try it, but his garden looked lovely and he grew some really good veg!

Back