rhubarb..is this normal?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglongdarren

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20+
i grew rhubard for the first time last year and then moved it into a new bed this year,there is about 8 crowns in the bed but only one is doing and looking like this,is this normal?

It's only preparing to run to see I think :)

John Wilkinson

Looks normal to me. Though I think this is quite early for rhubarb - my earliest two are showing and possibly have some harvestable bits.
Tricia

run to see?...or run to seed victor??? and them stocks that you see are only maybe 7/8inches long at the most,it did get alot of manure if this has anything till do with it?

run to see?...or run to seed victor??? and them stocks that you see are only maybe 7/8inches long at the most,it did get alot of manure if this has anything till do with it?
It's tiring operating this keyboard:D

John Wilkinso

will make a lovely seedhead though!

it did get alot of manure

I would not discount that entirely, although if only one of eight doing it, it may be the one to cull later in the season. There can be a lot of residual chemicals in some manures, although the main ones (straw shorteners) usually stunt the plants.

Regards, RAB

had the first crop of this years forced rhubarb tonight- absolutely delicious!

had the first crop of this years forced rhubarb tonight- absolutely delicious!

Had our first crop of it last weekend. Delicious.

But the only thing it is forced to do is sit on the allotment all winter.

Latest posts

Back