rhombus bee escape

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark s

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
16 + 3nuc's
hi all
can someone direct me in the right direction as too the use of said bee escape,how is it positioned in the hive and so on
thanx mark s

why not try the canadian type, simple to make and use

Edit.> doh it's the same lol

I have the details in my Ted Hooper book , your welcome to have a look if you want.

hi wightbees
ive got some rhombus bee escapes knocking around so thought id use them

My book say that it does not matter what way round they go but i would go with mesh facing down towards the brood.They seem a better idea as no moving parts to get blocked

I use them mesh down facing bees , works a treat

This as self made works fine.

beeescape.jpg

That Italian system is good too, but that above wors as well.

8wayescape.gif

Cut in half across the wide way.

Run a bead round your board.

Cut 2" hole in opposite diagonal corners.

Glue and or stable to board.

As said mesh side down and off you go.

The one above can be cut into 4 LOL two boards worth.

PH

Last edited:
Ive got some for this year. But someone sugested that you shouldn't leave them on too long as the bees can work them out and get back into the supers. Buzz

Can happen but not common.

I put them on in an afternoon and take off the honey the following morning or afternoon, the bees will be out by then.

Pays to paint your clearer boards a distinctive colour so at a glance you can see which hives have them on. ;)

PH

Ive got some for this year. But someone sugested that you shouldn't leave them on too long as the bees can work them out and get back into the supers. Buzz

That has been my experience. Leave them on no longer than overnight and as little as 4 hours has also worked.

That has been my experience. Leave them on no longer than overnight and as little as 4 hours has also worked.

Me too. Bees find a little hole, cracking or blug is away and it begin a robbing.

If you want to get them out sooner, put and extracted honey frame inside. Bees will be anxious to get out.

Cut in half across the wide way.

Run a bead round your board.

Cut 2" hole in opposite diagonal corners.

Glue and or stable to board.

As said mesh side down and off you go.

The one above can be cut into 4 LOL two boards worth.

PH
Any chance of a photo pse?

Back