rhododendron bush

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennycreed

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
8?
HI all, got a lot of roddy bushes arround and heard that the honey of them is a bit iffy, does anybody know if there's problem and what's the best way to go about it if I shift bees to the area next year,,all the best to you all

Hi MM. does that include cherry laurel? I was looking at getting some as they also have extra floral nectaries I believe. Di.

Do not be tempted by these monsters!
I've got them and they grow at a rapid rate needing heavy pruning twice a year, let no light through their dense leaf growth and nothing grows near them. Good side is you can make dye from their berries.
Stick to the roadie doe does! They have flowers and presumably you only have one or two.

Hi MM. does that include cherry laurel? I was looking at getting some as they also have extra floral nectaries I believe. Di.

sorry dont know, i use to work at rothampsted ( not the Bee unit) so i will email an ex colleague who has just retired from there, see if he know s

Anyway ,you will only get done for selling hallucinogenic drugs if the cherry laurel does, perhpas you will get more return customers :party:

Northern turkey produces a !mad honey! , bees are located amongst acres of
Rhododendron Ponticum . This honey(bal) is sold under the counter for medicinal purposes :coolgleamA:

John Wilkinson

That would be telling :smilielol5 In the days of Alexander the great , a marauding army , stole the contents of beehives in the area, consumed some of the honey and were all found comatose the following day :eek:.

John Wilkinson

That would be telling :smilielol5 In the days of Alexander the great , a marauding army , stole the contents of beehives in the area, consumed some of the honey and were all found comatose the following day :eek:.

John Wilkinson

I find I have a similar problem after consuming the contents of a few bottles the previous evening!

Do not be tempted by these monsters!
I've got them and they grow at a rapid rate needing heavy pruning twice a year, let no light through their dense leaf growth and nothing grows near them. Good side is you can make dye from their berries.
Stick to the roadie doe does! They have flowers and presumably you only have one or two.

Thank you muchl:.) didnt know that, do now though:.) di

Latest posts

Back