Reuniting a split

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerJ

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
If you are reuniting a split colony where one half is definitely Q- do you still need to adopt the "usual" methods of uniting (newspaper etc.) or can you just shake the bees into the one box? My assumption being that all bees in both halves are both from the same queen and no different queen pheromones have been introduced.

Newspaper nice and safe, personally throw them back together after a good smoking and let them get on with it.

I accept no responsibility for you ending up with 2 Q- halves, which is probably the reason no one has answered yet

I meant to put this in the Beginners Section! Probably considered a dumb question for a non-beginner!

So thanks for the reply.

Not sure for how long we are allowed to consider ourselves beginners. Speaking for myself I still feel like one and still have dumb questions (and do dumb things). So I wouldn't worry about that if I were you...

A short squirt of air freshener in each box and bobs your uncle. And no question is too dumb. I still ask after 35 years
E

Latest posts

Back