• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Returning bee keeper desperate for bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark2812

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi, owing to a house move I have not kept bees for five years - but now find myself with the time and space etc to once again start keeping bees.

As such I'm looking to purchase one or two colonies. I am willing to travel pretty much any distance to collect if I can purchase at a reasonable cost? Sadly I can't afford the high costs that many sellers seem to be charging. As repayment I will be looking over the next couple of years to split the colonies and share with new beekeepers locally as they set out to start this fantastic hobby.

Thanks

Mark

I've been looking for additional hives/bees myself, I saw an advert recently for an over wintered colony in an old National hive for the bargain price of £400!

Other than that most Nucs I've seen are around £150 - £200

Maybe get yourself on the swarm list in your local club as it won't be long and you can get yourself some free bees (albeit they may need some TLC for a while)

Hi,
I live the far side of welshpool, if you are still looking for bees let me know, you can message me
Cheers
John

I am having to give up bees due to work so i have 2 hives and various bits for sale if you are interested? i live in glossop

Hi Mark,

enlist yourself as swarm collector with your local association and the BBKA. This time of year there are so many you should have bees in no time.

I am moving house soon hopefully, will have a really good deal on a couple of hives. I have dwindled it to four but only want to move two. Pm me if you are interested.
E

Latest posts

Back