Retailer % discount poll

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you supply you honey to a third party for reselling what % discount do you give?

• 5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10%

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 15%

• 20%

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 25%

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 30%

• 35%

• 40%

• 45%

• 50%

• Total voters

jezd

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Ok, I found a few thread on price per lb of honey but I was curious about those that sell via farms/shops etc and what they accept expect as a markup.

ie you normally sell direct for £5 a lb jar, so you sell to a retailer at £4 per lb jar - they get a 20% discount for them as a markup (ideally not undercutting your direct price :) ).

The poll is if you sell (or have sold) via third parties what % do you give them off your direct prices.....

(select nearest % if not a direct match)

** The poll is really about the % you use in the real world based on your expectations and the retailers **

JD

Last edited:
It's not about giving a discount at all. It's about two different markets.

You might want to think about having two prices.

One is your standard price to the retail trade, which at 40 hives you should already have. A rice list for what you sell into shopes.

The 2nd is "the jam on it price" which is to say the top price you can command with out losing trade selling direct to the public.

PH

I have a jam price, but just sorting the retail arm - but was curious what others experience was.

last bounce promise :)

Latest posts

Back