• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Repost: melitherm for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

has27

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
The previous post made it look like the Melitherm+tank had gone, but it's still available. Reposting in the hope that someone might want it. (I promise I won't keep posting till it's gone - this is the last one!)

It comes from my beekeeping mentor, who has retired, and has passed on a number of items of beekeeping kit to me. It's in good working order. Pics in the thread a few weeks ago.

Melitherm
For liquefying crystallised honey: a thermostatic heat coil in a tank with a mesh bottom allows the honey to drip through into the settling tank below.
The heater and top tank is melitherm
Then there's a mesh ring to allow condensation out: space ring for melitherm
The tank is this: honey tank with valve, 50 kg
The Melitherm and top tank has never been used, so is totally clean; the bottom tank has been used a few times a season for about ten years to settle out honey. I've given it a good wash. In the picture on the other thread the top tank has white plastic with blue stripes on the outside - that's for protection; peel it off and you see stainless steel.
This all retails for €776.71 (£700). I'd hope for £300. I'd not want to sell the bottom tank and not the Melitherm+top tank, but if you want the Melitherm + top tank but not the bottom tank I'd hope for £250.

Delivery
It's a big thing. I think I could probably post the Melitherm + tanks, but the melter really isn't something I'd want to put in the post. I'm in Cambridge, so could negotiate delivery; you'd be welcome to collect, or we could meet somewhere mutually convenient. Delivery cost to be negotiated :)

Latest posts

Back