Repeated ?cast swarms on the same post

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amari

Queen Bee
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A few days ago SteveG of this forum and I removed a swarm (average cast size) from the leg of a bench in the chidrens' play area of our village playing field. It was given to someone a few miles away.
Next day we had another call and Steve removed a smaller cluster from the same post and then sprayed with air-freshener.
Today I was called for a cluster of about 100 bees on the same leg. This time I sprayed with insecticide because of parishioners' concerns.
I assume these are repeat cast swarms coming to the same site. Is this a common phenomenon or is there another explanation?

Yes it’s common it’s pheromones from the previous swarms.

Mqny hives swarm to the same site. Once you know the site for each hive it makes life easy, unless it is fifty foot up a tree! It also helps you to know which of your hives may have swarmed
E

Mqny hives swarm to the same site. Once you know the site for each hive it makes life easy, unless it is fifty foot up a tree! It also helps you to know which of your hives may have swarmed
E

Thanks Enrico, but Steve and I vehemently deny the casts came from either of our hives.....

There must be other hives, maybe wild, nearby then!

Latest posts

Back