Registering temporary apiary on Bee Base

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingy

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
As per the title really.
I have my permanent sites registered, home, allotment & farm where I keep hives all year round.
Farmer has just offered me 2 new sites for next season OSR crop. Having had a look around the sites look good so will be placing 2-3 colonies at each. However I’m not seeing at present much in the way of forage once the OSR has gone, so will most likely move the colonies after the OSR finishes.
In this case do you register the apiary with Bee Base?
Thanks Wingy

I register all my temporary migratory sites on bee base each year. Most of my hives will move to or 3 times a season.

As per the title really.
I have my permanent sites registered, home, allotment & farm where I keep hives all year round.
Farmer has just offered me 2 new sites for next season OSR crop. Having had a look around the sites look good so will be placing 2-3 colonies at each. However I’m not seeing at present much in the way of forage once the OSR has gone, so will most likely move the colonies after the OSR finishes.
In this case do you register the apiary with Bee Base?
Thanks Wingy
yes, you just mark them inactive when not in use

I found a "Delete this Apiary" button on my last visit, all the letters were in red.

Have seen the “delete this apiary” however the location will most likely be used again in seasons to come. Seems silly to keep creating and deleting the same location. Like the idea though of just being able to show it inactive. That way I should be able to check on disease in the area which may just save me from moving bees back there if fore warned - too late if I put bees there then re register only to be told my bees are now in a disease area

Have seen the “delete this apiary” however the location will most likely be used again in seasons to come. Seems silly to keep creating and deleting the same location. Like the idea though of just being able to show it inactive. That way I should be able to check on disease in the area which may just save me from moving bees back there if fore warned - too late if I put bees there then re register only to be told my bees are now in a disease area
you just mark it down as 0 hives, and you have a choice of marking it current or not (current yes/no) if you mark it no it just gets listed in your non current apiaries list, all you have to do to make it current again is edit and select yes

Latest posts

Back