• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Regional Honey Wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatbritishhoney

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Our company [www. removed,please pm member for details.Admin,its the username plus .co.uk] is on the look out for bulk or jarred honey from all regions of the UK. It doesn't matter whether you have 3 hives or 300 hives - as long as your honey is good quality we are interested.
We arrange collection, we pay you upfront and we give you full credit for your product on our website. Help us bring "real" honey back to the british public!
PM me to talk about availability and prices.

Andrew Brown

Can I take it you own liability and responsibility for weights and measure side, trading standards regards labelling, do you declare food being fit for human consumption, you validate food hygiene of processing, etc etc

?

Anyone got a few gross of jars and county honey labels.

I am off down Tesco for some:

LOL. i must be soft hearted. I thought it was a great idea. it would be fun to easily be able to buy honey from all over the place.

:) I wasnt really knocking it, just that ideas like this have to have all the boxes ticked - the website doesnt even give you a postal address and that always worries me.

Anyone got a few gross of jars and county honey labels.

I am off down Tesco for some:

Technically if you buy Tesco honey from down the road is it 'sourced locally' :) get it labelled up!

Its a nice looking website - will be interesting to see what they end up offering in terms of honey and what the price/markup is.

I think I should start getting sponsorship for my hive "£250 for 15lb of honey" - if the hive produces any! Its obviously all the fashion these days, what with BBka-saga as well. I'm sooo behind the times!

LOL. i must be soft hearted. I thought it was a great idea. it would be fun to easily be able to buy honey from all over the place.

PS you are Ms 1000!

Thanks for all your posts. I'd like to take the opportunity to answer your queries as think it;s important any potential suppliers understand who we are:

1. The liability for ensuring the product meets all the relevant regulations rests with us. We do this by conducting our own tests on the honey, jars, labels etc. We work with individual beekeepers to ensure that they understand and comply with the regulations and if they don't then we don't buy honey from them. This is no different to any relationship between a beekeeper and someone they are selling their honey to. We have a really good relationship with our suppliers and we always encourage them to give us their opinion and feedback.
If we buy in bulk, all the honey is processed in our own small processing room which is fully compliant with all regs.
Obviously, some liability remains with the beekeeper - if there is a problem with the honey itself due to the handling or extraction process.

2. All our products are directly traceable back to the individual beekeeper, so our customers can be 100% certain where there product came from.

3. The only reason our postal address isn't on the website is because our web designer advised us that it wasn't necessary and made the contact page look cluttered. She advised us that a simple contact form was easier. You will notice that our phone number IS on the page. Our business is run from a small unit at our home address and ALL correspondence that we send to our suppliers and customers has the address on. As far as I'm aware this is perfectly normal.

4. Re:eek:ur hive sponsorship scheme. £250 for 15 lb of honey may sound like a lot of money, but the amount of time and resources that go into managing the hive, extracting and bottling the honey, paying postage for 15 jars of honey, paying for a small run of bespoke labels, writing an individual quarterly e-update on the hive and providing certificates and free gifts etc actually means that we make virtually no profit on the scheme. It gives the customer a chance to support beekeepers and it gives us an up-front payment to cover our costs for that hive for the year. We are a small family business with a small apiary. When you look at some of the other adopt a hive schemes around I think most people would agree that ours is the only one that has a honest ethos and that ISN'T out to make a quick buck.

I hope that clears up some of your queries. Thanks for all your feedback. If you have any other thoughts please let me know.

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,can I just ask:

In the States there is a discussion going on regarding beekeepers selling Chinese honey to packers,the packers are returning any honey found to be of Chinese origin back to the seller but are not passing on the details to the authorities.

What is your stance on this issue,If you found the same problem in the uk would you pass on the details to trading standards ?

Hi,

In reply to Admin: There's virtually no chance of any beekeeper being able to sell us honey of dodgy provenance as we visit our suppliers in person, visit their apiary and see their processing area. However, if we ever found that we had been mislead about the origin of any honey sold to us we would, of course, inform the relevant authorities if appropriate.

In reply to Broandy: Thanks for posting my home address on this forum - not good etiquette. I'm sure no other members on here would be pleased with their home address being published here.
As I said in my previous post - any beekeeper who expresses an interest in supplying us is instantly given our postal address. There's a right place an time for everything.

Regards
Andy

Hi,

In reply to Admin: There's virtually no chance of any beekeeper being able to sell us honey of dodgy provenance as we visit our suppliers in person, visit their apiary and see their processing area. However, if we ever found that we had been mislead about the origin of any honey sold to us we would, of course, inform the relevant authorities if appropriate.

In reply to Broandy: Thanks for posting my home address on this forum - not good etiquette. I'm sure no other members on here would be pleased with their home address being published here.
As I said in my previous post - any beekeeper who expresses an interest in supplying us is instantly given our postal address. There's a right place an time for everything.
Regards
Andy

Try starting with your web site

If it makes you sleep better at night Broandy I'll gladly put my postal address on my website.
I'm sure anyone with any decency would appreciate that no one would want the address where their family lives (and where their apiary is) needlessly published on a beekeeping forum just because one person comments that they find it unusual that the address isn't on the website.
I'm a sole trader trying to make a living running a business from home and it's MY decision whether I put MY home on MY website or on this forum.

My original post was simply a question asking if any beekeepers would like to supply me with honey - my home address has absolutely no relevance to this or anything else and I hope the admins have the decency to remove it.

I'm really disappointed at the negativity and sneering that my simple post has provoked and really can't understand why anyone feels they have the right to publish someone else's home address for their own self gratification.

I agree with GBH, it is VERY poor form to publish a home address on open forum, broandy trying to show how clever he is should be relegated to the playground. Perhaps some other "clever" type should publish broandy's home address!

If it makes you sleep better at night Broandy I'll gladly put my postal address on my website.
I'm sure anyone with any decency would appreciate that no one would want the address where their family lives (and where their apiary is) needlessly published on a beekeeping forum just because one person comments that they find it unusual that the address isn't on the website.
I'm a sole trader trying to make a living running a business from home and it's MY decision whether I put MY home on MY website or on this forum.

My original post was simply a question asking if any beekeepers would like to supply me with honey - my home address has absolutely no relevance to this or anything else and I hope the admins have the decency to remove it.

I'm really disappointed at the negativity and sneering that my simple post has provoked and really can't understand why anyone feels they have the right to publish someone else's home address for their own self gratification.

:iagree:

SKyHook, not sure, but if you are selling honey/trading etc you have to give you full address legally anyway - website and jars etc.

JD

Back