Regarding any Beeks Near Dunton on A127

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insy

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Only I know :D :D
Hey

Just a quick suggestion for any of you with bees in this area, GO check your hives!! you could be losing tons of bees.

In a space of 2 hours walking around the bootsale I physically saw 2 big swarms, 1 landed on someone big rhododendron plant they was trying to sell which caused a crowd and another huge swarm went flying over all the stalls as well.

So i physically saw 2 swarms so you could of well lost a lot more.

Thanks
Ben

I've collected 2 swarms in the last week, one a prime and one a cast, at east tilbury and chadwell st mary's, both were unmarked queens, possibly from farms? lots of OSR fields around

Possibly but to see 2 decent sized swarms in a space of 2 hours in a same field means someone very local is having swarming issues.

So thought I'd give a hands up here as no doubt someone will know whose they might be.

Was very pleasant bees tho :D I was standing right next to them landing on rhododendron, feeling little things bumping off my head was actually weirdly nice lol.

Saw a prime swarm near the A1 at Borehamwood, I heard it comming before i saw it, then they were all around me ,then slowly the sound soften then faded and they were gone

I've had the same experience.

I live in the same area and have collected 3 swarms so far in the area. 1 in East Tilbury, 1 in West Tilbury and 1 in Chadwell St. Mary. None from my own hives though........yet!;)

Just received another call about a swarm in East Tilbury, the same set of hedges too......:hairpull:

Latest posts

Back