Recycling Propolis

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SER

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm new to beekeeping this year but one of the things I love about bees is that you see something different and new almost everyday.

I removed the final apiguard tray on tuesday and put the eke on top of a pile of other spare kit in the corner of the apiary, I was walking past today and thought one of my girls was just resting on the pile, a closer look showed she was collecting the propolis they had added over the last month.

It was fascinating watching it being pulled off and stuffed onto the back legs using the front.

I've put a video in the video section.... http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=51

Si,

Brilliant Si
A nice bit of video, i have not had enought ime to watch the little ladies this year like i did in my first, it was interesting to see. its little moments like that that keep the interest alive.

Great filming- and I hadn't realised they stuck the propolis into the basket as the pollen is - How on earth do they get it out- maybe if we researched that then we could find out how to get it off our fingers!! Is it in the basket- or just stuck onto the outside??

lovely video clip, maybe next year I'll put the propolised stuff in front of the hives and let them clean them for me?

Great clip. Must be like getting your legs waxed getting it off though. (not that I know what thats like) :cheers2:

great video, i could spend hours watching the girls at work, i love sitting in the orchard with a cuppa watching them coming and going

Back