Record Keeping Software

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plus lots of free ads on here :) yes I am a cynic

Well, to be honest much more useful than the free advertising has been the feedback while developing it. I didn't get a huge number of signups from here (certainly not compared to the number of signups I've had from elsewhere in the past couple of days), but the help that those of you have given me has been invaluable. That's why I gave all the beta testers free accounts with 24 hives rather than the usual 6.

Hopefully the ability to influence the development has been useful and interesting for you all too. I truly didn't come here just to promote it. If that was my intention, I'd've done the same on the BBKA forums and all the others. As it was I only posted here, apart from responding to threads posted by others on Biobees, Beesource and some others. I posted it here because I've been a member for nearly a year, and you've all been really helpful while I started out as a beekeeper.

If people really do think this is spamming, then I can stop. :spam:

I can assure you if this had been considered spamming then admin would have had a word.

So keep up the good work :cheers2:

As I have signed up for the pro................I eagerly await the arrival of the 'assets'............hopefully before the season gets to far under way :cheers2:

Yours Roy

I can assure you if this had been considered spamming then admin would have had a word.

As I have signed up for the pro................I eagerly await the arrival of the 'assets'............hopefully before the season gets to far under way :cheers2:

Yours Roy

Cheers! :cheers2:
I'm going to get the asset tracking stuff done as fast as possible. Maybe not in time for the season to start, as I don't know about around your way but my bees are already flying most days!

Kewl :cheers2:

As I have mentioned before, I am happy to help in any way I can.

I am a web designer, php and javascript programmer.

Yeh, my bees are also flying, but it's still too early fr my planned expansion for this year.........besides my old software will cope..........I just don't want to have to transfer too much data :(

Yours Roy

Keep up the good work Sphex, I am looking forwards to using your software for real, had a few plays around using the smart phone to make sure everything is ready for the first inspections (barcode reader working ok, data transfer etc..) Am looking forwards to it. :cheers2::cheers2:

Yours Roy

you and I don’t know what is being said offline, regardless of admin's (respected) position my minor support for the forum was not intended to have others use it for commercial gain - clearly I am in the minority but nothing new there :) and I do see a difference between this and flogging a few nucs etc

is it spam? not sure, this thread was a general discussion on s/w but has been taken over with the intention from day one to charge for it a ‘product’ - the author states that very early on in the thread. I do think some on here are blinded by flattery.

the forum has been used with a commercial eye, rightly or wrongly.

its not that someone has not done a good job, its the 'commercial' aspect, in fact the thread was bounced just for that purpose.

JD

Last edited:
I'm sure there's a lot more money in flogging a few nucs than a handful of pro accounts at a tenner a time! ;)

I've just updated my hive info, after cleaning the floorsa today. Peach software, thanks for letting some of us test drive it for you.

JD, are you going to bitch about folk selling nuc's ? or anything else bee-related?
treat folk with equity, eh? ;)

I am going to sit on the fence on this one.

I am not sure if this thread is spam or not,it could be read either way.
I have seen plenty of members say thank you for the software and given good feedback.

Remember YOU the members run the forum,If this thread offends then click the "report post" button and I will deal with it.
Until now I have had no complaints so will jump back up on the fence again and carry on reading..
Admin.

JD, are you going to bitch about folk selling nuc's ? or anything else bee-related?
treat folk with equity, eh? ;)

learn to read first, now go play in the shallow end pls

fact is this gets bounced every few weeks by the software author, why not check exactly how many other threads he has contributed too in the 6 months

you say I am 'bitching' because I dont agree with what I see going on? nice world you live in.

thats my last post in this thread, I have given it enough oxygen myself now lol :)

Last edited:
learn to read first, now go play in the shallow end pls

fact is this gets bounced every few weeks by the software author, why not check exactly how many other threads he has contributed too in the 6 months

you say I am 'bitching' because I dont agree with what I see going on? nice world you live in.

thats my last post in this thread, I have given it enough oxygen myself now lol :)

To be fair, most of the times it hasn't actually been me that bumped the thread. Yesterday was really the only exception. And I've not been in any other threads for the past few months because I've not been doing anything else bee-related since I put the girls to bed in the autumn. It's not really fair to characterise me as coming here just to promote my stuff. I was an active member for over a year before I posted anything about it.

I used this software last wednesday for my first inspections.

Worked a treat thanks.

Just one more tech thing, I entered some to-do items items and they showed up in the hive section, but not on the apiary/view section.

HiAdmin
so will jump back up on the fence again and carry on reading..

I did not realise you could read I thought it was only pictures that you read not long four letter words, but you astound me Admin next your bee telling me you can rite as well.
Keep up the good work

Regards;

Nowt wrong wi t'software, Nowt wrong wi t'free trial.
Some folks are never happy unless they're belly aching about summat :cuss:.
The comic expression " It's being so cheerful that keeps me going " springs to mind .

Some on here need to lighten up a tad me-thinks bee-smillie.

John Wilkinson

John,
was that directed my way? As my comments were in a joking fashion nothing serious. lol

Mo

John,
was that directed my way? As my comments were in a joking fashion nothing serious. lol

Mo
NO! NO! NO! Mo ,
"He Knows you Know" to quote Hilda Baker for those old enough to remember her :Angel_anim:.

John Wilkinson

Just upgraded beetight software today, so I now have an app on my mobile to update info on site.
Works well enough for me - is it worth US$15 a year?

I can't answer that yet; but all I do know is that I've got more than that in value of other bee stuff sitting in my shed unused which may go past its 'sell by date' first.
(Would include self but I'm not worth that much LOL)

Just upgraded beetight software today, so I now have an app on my mobile to update info on site.
Works well enough for me - is it worth US$15 a year?

I can't answer that yet; but all I do know is that I've got more than that in value of other bee stuff sitting in my shed unused which may go past its 'sell by date' first.
(Would include self but I'm not worth that much LOL)

Indeed. You can easily spend £9 ($15) on one hive tool!

Is there a charge now for the software?

Sphex,you have not logged in for 4 months yet it looks like you have an email subscribtion for any reply's to this thread,a member replied yesterday and up you pop today with a reply.

Latest posts

Back