Recommendations for battery to power varrox vapouriser

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Unfortunately I had to move one of my garden colonies to an out apiary early this morning after the bees attacked our dog yesterday. She is ok, but is now nervous going in the garden. I am mid way through OAV. I have been running the varrox off a mains power adapter. I now need to buy a battery to power it. Any suggestions for suppliers and type? There are loads online and prices vary hugely.

Many thanks.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Glad she’s ok.
have you considered using a small petrol generator? Good to have not just for beekeeping.

Unfortunately I had to move one of my garden colonies to an out apiary early this morning after the bees attacked our dog yesterday. She is ok, but is now nervous going in the garden. I am mid way through OAV. I have been running the varrox off a mains power adapter. I now need to buy a battery to power it. Any suggestions for suppliers and type? There are loads online and prices vary hugely.

Many thanks.
If you’ve only got a few hives a car jump starter will do about six and fits in your pocket.

Yes, more handy than a petrol generator...
My varrox has crocodile clips and so does a car jump starter. What is the safest way to connect the two together. For the time being, I only have one out hive, but if it can manage 6, that will suit me for quite a few years.

My varrox has crocodile clips and so does a car jump starter. What is the safest way to connect the two together. For the time being, I only have one out hive, but if it can manage 6, that will suit me for quite a few years.

Just clip the two red crocs together and then the two blacks. Take care not to let red touch black.
IMG_0485.JPG

Latest posts

Back