Recommendation for a small, manual extractor.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me space is a premium and I only have a couple of hives. Like the OP, I do about three or four smaller extractions a year. I have one of the basic 2 frame plastic tangential extractors. Only cost me around £100. It can take deep frames, and it's no frills but does the job.
Do you have a link for this or is it the manual one sold by Thorne currently£190 with additional buckets etc ?

Do you have a link for this or is it the manual one sold by Thorne currently£190 with additional buckets etc ?
I actually got mine from Bee Equipment: Plastic Honey Extractor (In fact my review is listed there).
But the price has gone up over the last couple of years. I got a plastic settling tank and a stainless steel double strainer from STBK, like this: Settling Tank with Double Stainless Strainer
So with the current prices put together, the Thorne price doesn't look bad and the only real difference is that the strainer is nylon rather than stainless.

Latest posts

Back