Recommend a microscope?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithgrimes

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Could anyone recommend a microscope suitable for a beginner. I'd be happy to pay up to £200, new or second hand.

I can`t really recommend one brand over another because i`ve only ever used a couple of microscopes, but i bought two Brunel microscopes last year and i`m very happy with them.

Darren.

I have the advanced set from Brunel, very happy with them and they are nice to deal with over the phone as well! :)

Hey before you order what type of work do you intend carrying out?

Dissecting microscope will cover Acarine, and disections.

A Compound microscope will cover Disease AFB ?EFB if the slides are made correctly. Nosema and Varroa and into the bargin pollen identification.

I think anyone wishing to buy a microscope should seriously consider the extras that are required for the type of work wishing to be carried out.

Welcome to the world of microscopy.

P.S. What is the currency exchange rate for the US Dollar?

Mo

Last edited:
The reason i mentioned the dollar was because when it was 2 dollars to the pound i just went through a few sites on the web site we ordered one from a site in the USA and paid a few pounds on import duty. So what would have cost me say £600 in the Uk i bought it in the USA for £300.
I also have used Brunel and they are second to none in their catalouge.

Hope you find what you need.

Mo.

A microscope is well worth the investment,good fun as well.

Latest posts

Back