Reccomdations

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metamorphosis

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Varies
I have the following publications which I have read, can not honestly say I understand all of the permutations of certain methods, but I'm willing to listen and learn.
I have read the following;
Hive & the Honeybee by Dadent
Bees & Honey by Hooper
Wisdom of the Hive by Seeley

What other publications would members recommend?

I have read the thread on books for beginners but could not come to any definitive answer.

Thank you.

I like a "Practical manual of Beekeeping" by David Cramp. While I think Ted Hooper's book is a valuable bible of information, Cramp's book is far more accessible (for a newbie) and easier for a chapter of bedtime reading than Hooper's. It will almost certainly introduce yet more alternatives into the mix, but I do think it's nicely laid out, clearly explains what he's trying to achieve and nicely laid out into sensible chapters for a quick reference when needed.

While i have advocated "Beekeeping for Dummies" for people interested in getting a flavour of what's involved in beekeeping, I don't think it is worth the money as an ongoing reference if you've already got bees or decided that beekeeping is definitely for you.

My books are

Starting with bees
by Peter Gordon
very basic book
not reccomended if you allready have bees

Giude to bees & honey
by Ted Hooper
excellent book

Honey farming
by R.O.B Manley
very interesting book

The complete handbook of beekeeping
by Herbert Mace
another good book.

A few of the good books that I have found useful and enjoyed reading, are:

a) The Complete and Easy Guide to Beekeeping by Kim Flottum. Apple-Press.
ISBN: 978-1-84543-021-4

b) Hive Management (A seasonal Guide for Beekeepers) by Richard E. Bonney.
Storey Publishing. ISBN: 978-0-88266-637-2

c) All About Honey Bees. By Albert W. Needham. Free to download from Lulu Books.
http://www.lulu.com/content/561895

Latest posts

Back