Reactolight specs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixFooter

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just getting a new set of specs and dont know if I should order reactolight. Do reactolight lenses help when looking at frames?

Speaking from personal experience ,I found that reactolite/ photo-chromic lens darken too much when the weather is ideal for beekeeping :willy_nilly:.
I therefore elect to have the second pair (usually so called free)none photo-chromatic , this solves the problem .
"Should have gone to specsavers" :D.

John Wilkinson

agree with VM, cuts out to much light to see the eggs and also got a second clear pair...from Tescos opticians....never going to SS again,they got my prescription wrong...£350 worth of bi focals and would not change the glasses after 30 days...your eyes have changed Sir, is not our preseription

agree with VM, cuts out to much light to see the eggs and also got a second clear pair...from Tescos opticians....never going to SS again,they got my prescription wrong...£350 worth of bi focals and would not change the glasses after 30 days...your eyes have changed Sir, is not our preseription

I am sure there is an advert for SS there somewhere :smilielol5:

Used to buy mine when on hols in Cyprus, cracking service and frames and at a fraction of the price here.

Thanks. Wasnt a silly question after all!

Similar experience. Tried Reacto's but I found they changed fast and very dark but also took an age to go clear again when you go into shade / inside. Stick with a baseball cap to shade/block glare and norm glasses is my rec.

Latest posts

Back